OpenOCD Debug Issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the EZ-USB FX3 DVK. I am trying to debug it using the Cypress EZ USB Suite, and an Olimex ARM-USB-OCD-H.

I followed the instructions in the EZ-USB Suite Users Guide for using OpenOCD to debug. When ever I try to debug in the IDE I recieve the following error:

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.8.0 (2014-12-03-15:43)
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
    http://openocd.sourceforge.net/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
Warn : Adapter driver 'cy7c65215' did not declare which transports it allows; assuming legacy JTAG-only
Info : only one transport option; autoselect 'jtag'
adapter_nsrst_delay: 200
jtag_ntrst_delay: 200
adapter speed: 1000 kHz
trst_and_srst srst_pulls_trst srst_gates_jtag trst_push_pull srst_open_drain connect_deassert_srst
RCLK - adaptive
adapter speed: 1000 kHz
Error: CyJtagDevice Not found

in procedure 'init'

This is followed by:

Quit (expect signal SIGINT when the program is resumed)
Exception condition detected on fd 0
error detected on stdin

I've tried using a different config file, which I found on this site, and using the Olimex supplied openocd.exe, but nothing seems to work.

Can anyone help me out with this? I'm running out of ideas.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I mostly have it working. I switched over to using the Olimex openocd.exe. I'm not sure if that matters. I also specify a different config file, and olimex-arm-ocd-h.cfg in the config options:

And I had to alter the config file I found. There was a -variant switch in the file that wasn't valid. I'm not sure what the original author was trying to do, but I just removed the switch, and it seems to work.

Now I have one more issue.

I have "Start OpenOCD locally" checked, but it doesn't start it locally. I have to use the command line to start openocd.exe with the proper options, and leave it running in the command window. Then I can go back to the IDE, and debug.

Does anyone know how I can get the IDE to start openocd.exe for me when I begin a debug session?

0 Likes