Only One byte is receiving from Fx3 to FPGA

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
poas_4520791
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

Hi,

I'm Transfering data from FX3 to FPGA via GPIF II interface.With the Default Firmware i.e., the firmware in AN65974 application note i'm getting 0000 .But i have made some changes in GPIF II like(I made flags as active high and in transition equation i added DMA_RDY_TH3),with this i'm able to get one byte of data from FX3 to FPGA. After all these changes the signals also asserting properly from FPGA side.

My question is why the remaining bytes are missing,what may be the reason for this?

Can anyone let me know about this.

Regards,

Aswini

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Aswini,

Please refer to this thread Data from FX3 to FPGA is repeating continuously

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Aswini,

Please let me know which FPGA are you working on. Application note AN 65974 has the bit file for Spartan 6  FPGA. Please confirm that you are using Xilinx Spartan 6 FPGA.

I have tried viewing the traces with default firmware. It is working fine at my end.

To debug this problem, please use the default firmware as it is (don't change the initial value  of the pins). if you change the pins polarity without changing the FPGA code the application won't work.

Please follow all the steps mentioned in section 11.5.1 of the application note and let me know the results.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hello Aswini,

Please refer to this thread Data from FX3 to FPGA is repeating continuously

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes