MPEG2-TS I/F of the FX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GlJe_1688511
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor
100 sign-ins 10 likes given 50 questions asked

Hello.

I find the mpeg2-ts of the UVC spec.

Can the FX3 be used as the MPEG2-TS of the UVC?

Do you have the sample code and GPIF design file?

Thanks and Best regards.

Glenn.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Glenn,

The FX2LP example you mentioned above is not UVC compliant.

Using Fx3, we do have UVC example app note (https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an75779-how-implement-image-sensor-interface... ).

1. To support MPEG2-TS stream, you need to modify the format descriptor as mentioned in Table 3-1 of USB_Video_Payload_MPEG-2_TS_1.5.pdf of UVC specification. There are no accompanying frame descriptors.

2. Payload data should be multiple of 188 bytes if no additional data in the payload apart from payload data.

Apart from these GPIF interface is to be taken care. It has to be designed as per the device being interfaced to GPIF.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Hemanth

Hi Glenn,

Can you please share the interface timing?

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes
GlJe_1688511
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor
100 sign-ins 10 likes given 50 questions asked

Hello Hemanth.

I don't have the timing yet.

I recommand the FX2LP because the FX3 doesn't have the MPEG2-TS application note.

Could you make the sample code based 'FX2LP DMB-T/H TV Dongle Reference Design Guide'?

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/reference-designs/fx2lp-dmb-th-tv-dongle-reference-design-guid...

I will modify timing of your firmware.

Thanks and Best regards.

Glenn.

0 Likes
Hemanth

Hi Glenn,

The FX2LP example you mentioned above is not UVC compliant.

Using Fx3, we do have UVC example app note (https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an75779-how-implement-image-sensor-interface... ).

1. To support MPEG2-TS stream, you need to modify the format descriptor as mentioned in Table 3-1 of USB_Video_Payload_MPEG-2_TS_1.5.pdf of UVC specification. There are no accompanying frame descriptors.

2. Payload data should be multiple of 188 bytes if no additional data in the payload apart from payload data.

Apart from these GPIF interface is to be taken care. It has to be designed as per the device being interfaced to GPIF.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes

Hi Hemanth.

I know FX2LP reference design used CLK/EN/SYNC/DATA[7:0] pins for TSIF parallel.

Is there no problem if FX2LP or FX3 can support TSIF serial interface which should use CLK/EN/SYNC/DATA?

Regards

Robert.

0 Likes
Hemanth

Hi Robert,

So, the interface will have the data path of one line (data[0]) instead of data[7:0]?

If yes, then in Fx3, we need to see if we can use (Configuring FX3 GPIF II in Serial Mode – KBA229814​ ) to achieve the same. But in Fx2lp, GPIF can't be used for it - we need to see if there is another way.

So, if you can share the interface, we can help to check the feasibility.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes