Loading the FX3 Firmware into RAM without using the Control Center.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ankitvats846
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi, 

I wanted to Flash the Fx3 Firmware First in RAM. And than write into the SPI Flash.

Basically ,I wants when Firmware in SPI Flash is get corrupted by any reason. I Flash the RAM after using the RAM Firmware write it into SPI Flash.  

So how to do that without converting HW bootloader Mode.??

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bakal
100 sign-ins 25 solutions authored 50 replies posted

Hello,

From the description, I understand that when the SPI flash gets corrupted you want to again write to SPI flash without falling back to HW bootloader mode/ USB boot, is my understanding correct?

If yes then, Can you please let me know the PMODE settings? if the boot option/ PMODE settings is SPI → USB then FX3 will get back to bootloader/USB boot when SPI boot fails.

So, basically, if you just want to program the Fx3 firmware without a control center,
You can use FwDownloadApp.exe tool this is a command-line utility FX3 flash it -Path - C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\application\cpp\fwdownload_fx3 

Best Regards,
Sakshi 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Bakal
100 sign-ins 25 solutions authored 50 replies posted

Hello,

From the description, I understand that when the SPI flash gets corrupted you want to again write to SPI flash without falling back to HW bootloader mode/ USB boot, is my understanding correct?

If yes then, Can you please let me know the PMODE settings? if the boot option/ PMODE settings is SPI → USB then FX3 will get back to bootloader/USB boot when SPI boot fails.

So, basically, if you just want to program the Fx3 firmware without a control center,
You can use FwDownloadApp.exe tool this is a command-line utility FX3 flash it -Path - C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\application\cpp\fwdownload_fx3 

Best Regards,
Sakshi 

0 Likes