Licesnses required to use the CYUSB3035-BZXI devices

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
wdshep
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

I am planning on using the CYUSB3035-BZXI in a design. I will be utilizing the USB 3, The SD UHS I, and the eMMC 4.41 interfaces in my design. Will I need to get any licenses from either the USB , SD or MMC organizations to use these interfaces or are the licenses covered by the fact that I am purchasing the CYUSB3035-BZXI device?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

From the description, I understand that you will be using FX3S as a Mass storage device that will be binding to the OS inbox (mass storage )driver. Is my understanding correct?

If yes, you won't be needing any license from Infineon/Cypress as FX3 SDK has the license but  VID/PID for your end product will be needed. Please refer to below 

Using cypress VID/PID in end product - Infineon Developer Community  

Please refer to FAQ's from SD organization https://www.sdcard.org/about-sda/faq/#licensing-13 

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

Please refer to this KBA  License for FX3 SDK - KBA222519 - Infineon Developer Community  

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

I read the KBA222519 and it states that I don't need a license to use the FX3 SDK.  Does this mean that I am covered when I start selling my product that will contain both a USB 3 Interface and a SD UHS-I Memory Card socket? 

Do I need to become a member of either the USB  or SD Organizations to be able to sell my product? 

Or does my purchase of the FX3 device cover whatever license necessary to sell my product?

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

From the description, I understand that you will be using FX3S as a Mass storage device that will be binding to the OS inbox (mass storage )driver. Is my understanding correct?

If yes, you won't be needing any license from Infineon/Cypress as FX3 SDK has the license but  VID/PID for your end product will be needed. Please refer to below 

Using cypress VID/PID in end product - Infineon Developer Community  

Please refer to FAQ's from SD organization https://www.sdcard.org/about-sda/faq/#licensing-13 

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes