Issue with the CDC driver for CX3 devices

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jayesh_joshi
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 10 questions asked 25 sign-ins

Hi

I have been working on an issue where image capture sometimes does not work on my custom board. As we don't have external UART pins where we can send debug messages we have developed firmware that will add CDC support in my board.

I have used the firmware given at the below link comment(Jul 21, 2020 12:46 AM)

https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-superspeed-peripherals/Stream-RAW10-with-24bit-output-format/m...

I am can confirm that firmware works because I tested it while back on a different PC. 

So I think this is issue with the CDC driver. I am following the below ticket for binding the driver. 

https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-superspeed-peripherals/Add-CDC-device-to-UVC/td-p/105850

Now as mentioned in step#2 I should see one device in "other devices" in the device manager. Instead every time it is displayed as "USB serial device". I have tried to uninstall it 8-10 times but every time when I again connect CX3 it comes up as per below.

jayesh_joshi_0-1659545881960.png

I have tried to update it as per step#9 but there is only 1 option "USB Serial Port" not the "USB to UART Adapter". I have tried selecting the below option but after that, it is not visible in tera term or realterm.

jayesh_joshi_1-1659546097152.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please confirm if the UVC interface is coming under the Camera section of Device Manager.

The CDC interface will come up as USB Serial Device if the CDC driver (inbox driver) is binded to the interface. Please refer to this KBA  Adding Communication Device Class Interface to FX3... - Infineon Developer Community  

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please confirm if the UVC interface is coming under the Camera section of Device Manager.

The CDC interface will come up as USB Serial Device if the CDC driver (inbox driver) is binded to the interface. Please refer to this KBA  Adding Communication Device Class Interface to FX3... - Infineon Developer Community  

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
jayesh_joshi
Level 4
Level 4

@Rashi_Vatsa 

Yes, the UVC device is coming under the camera section. 

The issue is that I can not see the USB to UART Adapter option during the binding of the driver. 

0 Likes

Hello,

Please let me know if the USB Serial Device is seen in Tera Term (COM port) and if you get the prints in Tera Term. It seems that the Inbox driver is binded to the CDC interface of the device (which is also fine to get the debug prints).

If you want to bind Cypress' CDC driver, you can uninstall the device and bind the Cypress' CDC driver

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
jayesh_joshi
Level 4
Level 4

@Rashi_Vatsa 

It looks like this is the only issue with windows 10. I was successfully able to install the bind driver on Windows 7. But I am running into some other issues regarding our Host application so the ideal would be to get set up working on Windows10.

0 Likes