Is there a working USB 3 super speed example in the SVK ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hallo, is there any working example of super speed data transfer between the DVK v2 board and a window 7 host?

We just received our DVK but none of the examples in the SDK seems to exploit the super speed capability of the FX3.

We would really appreciate if anybody could tell us if the bulkloop, the streaming… or whatever else example in the SDK is really working in super speed mode. If this is the case we could focus un identifying somewhere else the problem.

If the answer to the above question is yes… what is the achieved transfer bandwidth ?

Tanks, Joel

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. The examples do support superspeed. What is the USB3 host you're using?

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

We tried the development board on 3 completely different PCs (windows 7, 64 bit). On none of them the Cypress provided examples are working (we are using the Cypress provided development board R2).

Summarizing; we're using

- Cypress FX3 SDK, therefore: Cy firmware, Cy  drivers, Cy  app

- Cypress FX3 Development board Rev2

but we were not able to successfully run streamer or bulk loopback demos....

The Control tool works correctly (with exception of the download failure message already discussed in this forum)and we are able to download your firmware (streaming or bulkloop). FX3 reenumarates correctly and appears to be a SuperSpeed device but running your  "Bulk Loop" or "Streamer " we get errors.

2 of the 3 windows 7 PCs on which we tried had a Renesas Electronicy USB 3 host controller / root hub

Regards, Joel

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you say error, What is the nature of the error you're getting?

I'm checking with our guys on whether they're aware of any specific issues. Will get back to you in case I find any known issues.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, the error was already posted on the forum... "Xfer request rejected. NTSTATUS = c000000d", .... I'll wait for the issue to be solved there.

My concerns are now just about performances... none of the design provided by Cypress as reference design in the development kit are demonstrating USB3 like performances (the device is recognized as ss usb device)... (just 26..30 MB/s; bulk source sink firmware with streamer application) .

Is there any firmware and host application which allows me to get a transfer bandwidth above 70..80 Mbytes/s using your development board ?

Regards, Joel

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I realize this thread is 5 years old but I'm having the exact same problem now. I can compile and run the bulkloop and streamer examples in the SDK with the FX3 host and my windows10 computer connected with a standard usb cable to a usb 2 port. But when I connect the two with a USB3 cable to a super speed port and try to stream or bulkloop I get the error "Xfer request rejected. NTSTATUS = c0000120".

The device appears to enumerate correctly as a superspeed device when connected as such.

Any ideas?

0 Likes