Is possible to control Two FX3 device separately and share the same firmware

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Wellington
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hello,

I have study to this thread and other multiple FX3 transmission. Some simple question to clarified as below:

https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-superspeed-peripherals/Multi-FX3-Usb-deivce/m-p/345350 

1.) May I know is possible to have setup as below? (Attached photo)

2.) Currently we have one working .img file where the we could success read/write data between FPGA<->FX3<->PC.
Based on the Two FX3 Configuration picture, Can FX3_A and FX3_B share the exact same .img file without modification? Meaning Only modified on host C code, where set endpoint1, endpoint2 like example ConsoleApplication1 provided?

Thank you.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please find my comments below:

>> Yes, connecting to FX3 to single USB host is possible

2.) Currently we have one working .img file where the we could success read/write data between FPGA<->FX3<->PC.Based on the Two FX3 Configuration picture, Can FX3_A and FX3_B share the exact same .img file without modification? Meaning Only modified on host C code, where set endpoint1, endpoint2 like example ConsoleApplication1 provided?

>> If two FX3's with same firmware are connected to USB host, both the devices will have different device number on host side. Each device can have there own endpoints for data transfer

You can use appropriate C# (USBDeviceList) or C++ API to get the  no. of USB device connected to USB driver (cyusb3)

If you want to distinguish the devices, you can refer to this KBA Distinguishing Different FX3 Devices with Same VID... - Infineon Developer Community

You can also refer to CyControl Center application source for more details

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please find my comments below:

>> Yes, connecting to FX3 to single USB host is possible

2.) Currently we have one working .img file where the we could success read/write data between FPGA<->FX3<->PC.Based on the Two FX3 Configuration picture, Can FX3_A and FX3_B share the exact same .img file without modification? Meaning Only modified on host C code, where set endpoint1, endpoint2 like example ConsoleApplication1 provided?

>> If two FX3's with same firmware are connected to USB host, both the devices will have different device number on host side. Each device can have there own endpoints for data transfer

You can use appropriate C# (USBDeviceList) or C++ API to get the  no. of USB device connected to USB driver (cyusb3)

If you want to distinguish the devices, you can refer to this KBA Distinguishing Different FX3 Devices with Same VID... - Infineon Developer Community

You can also refer to CyControl Center application source for more details

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes