Is it possible to drop DMA data from GPIF without consumer event on CX3?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HamburgSteak
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins

Hi, I'm an engineer developing USB controller using CX3 yours.

I develop USB controller to serve image data between host  and image sensors.

But I have faced some problems so I wanna debug on CX3.

I wanna check data from image sensor to CX3.

So I'm looking the 'CyCx3UvcAppDmaCallback()' function but the function is stuck if it is without consumer via usb.

How can I solve this situation? It is possible to drop DMA data without consumer event?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

From the description, I understand that the data is lost before the consumer event is seen in the DMA callback. Please let me know if you got the producer event and how much data was there in the DMA buffer.

Please share the UART Debug Prints for us to check. Kindly confirm that no debug prints or blocking calls are called in DMA callback

Please refer to this KBA  EZ-USB™ CX3 troubleshooting guide - KBA233853 - Infineon Developer Community  

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

From the description, I understand that the data is lost before the consumer event is seen in the DMA callback. Please let me know if you got the producer event and how much data was there in the DMA buffer.

Please share the UART Debug Prints for us to check. Kindly confirm that no debug prints or blocking calls are called in DMA callback

Please refer to this KBA  EZ-USB™ CX3 troubleshooting guide - KBA233853 - Infineon Developer Community  

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Thanks for your replying.

I checked that DMA callback is not issued so I'm checking image sensor now and I will close this topic.

Thank you.

0 Likes