Initially MIPI errors while receiving image in CX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jayesh_joshi
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 10 questions asked 25 sign-ins

Hi All,

We are using CX3 as our MIPI to USB3.0 bridge solution. We are running into issues where some of the boards initially report an error from the MIPI side. 

Errors are as per below

mdlErrCnt : Multi-Data Lane Sync Byte Error Count
eidErrCnt : Unsupported Packet ID Error Count 
recrErrCnt : Recoverable Packet Header Error Count

Please find MIPI to CX3 schematics

image.png

[EDIT] : Also attaching log from tera-term and firmware debug firmware for reference.

jayesh_joshi_0-1660046901284.png

#ifdef PRINT_FRAME_INFO
		if (Printflag == 1)
		{
			/*For video streaming application of higher FPS refrain from using this debug print or try to reduce the print information*/
			char str[100];
			int pos = 0;
			sprintf(str,"\n\rProd = %d Cons = %d  Prtl_Sz = %d Frm_Cnt = %d Frm_Sz = %l B", TxCountflag, RxCountflag, PartialBufSize, FrameCount, ((TxCountflag*CX3_UVC_DATA_BUF_SIZE)+PartialBufSize));
			print(str);
			Printflag = 0;

if (fpsflag == 1)
			{
				fps = 30000/(time1 -time0); //FPS calculate using time difference for 30 frames
				print("\n\rTimeDiff = %d ms FPS = %d", (time1 -time0), fps);
				fpsflag = 0;

}
			/* Uncomment the code below to check for MIPI errors per frame*/

#ifndef FX3_STREAMING
			CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors( CyTrue, &errCnts);
			char str1[200];
			sprintf(str1,"\n\r%d %d %d %d %d %d %d %d %d",errCnts.crcErrCnt,errCnts.ctlErrCnt, errCnts.eidErrCnt, errCnts.frmErrCnt, errCnts.mdlErrCnt, errCnts.recSyncErrCnt, errCnts.recrErrCnt, errCnts.unrSyncErrCnt, errCnts.unrcErrCnt );
			print(str1);
#endif

What could be the route cause behind these errors?

Is there any workaround?

0 Likes
1 Solution
jayesh_joshi
Level 4
Level 4

@Rashi_Vatsa 

I forgot to mention that we have been able to fix this issue by connecting the 330pF capacitor instead of 10pF on C94.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

From the description, I understand the issue is seen only on some of the CX3 boards' other boards are working fine (without MIPI errors). Is my understanding correct?

If yes, please refer to this KBA  MIPI-CSI Protocol and Physical Layer Errors in CX3... - Infineon Developer Community   to understand the cause of the errors.

Please confirm if MIPI lane routing is as per this KBA  CX3 Hardware: Frequently Asked Questions - KBA9129... - Infineon Developer Community

EZ-USB™ CX3 troubleshooting guide - KBA233853 - Infineon Developer Community  

Please confirm if you are using MIPI sensor compliant to MIPI CSI-2  (Version 1.01, Revision 0.04 – 2nd April
2009)

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
jayesh_joshi
Level 4
Level 4

@Rashi_Vatsa 

Yes, your understanding is correct.

Yes, MIPI routing is done as per AN70707.

Regarding the MIPI sensor being compliant with MIPI CSI-2, I will check with FEA and update you.

I have tried answer#13 from KBA9129 but the issue still persists.

Can you please share if I can monitor any TPs and that can give us further insight into this issue?

Regards Jayesh

0 Likes

Hello,

We have TPs for VSYNC, HSYNC, and PCLK as mentioned in Q10 of this KBA  CX3 Hardware: Frequently Asked Questions - KBA9129... - Infineon Developer Community

Please let me know the the failure rate for this issue. Also, please share the CX3 MIPI Configuration tool settings snippet for us to check

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
jayesh_joshi
Level 4
Level 4

@Rashi_Vatsa 

MIPI configurations are OK. We validated this while back. Please refer to the following post.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-superspeed-peripherals/Data-coming-from-MIPI-side-unstable-in-...

Back then we fixed it by connecting a 10pF capacitor on MIPI_D0_N. So in the newer design, we placed 10pF on MIPI_D0_N. But still, we are running into issues. 

0 Likes
jayesh_joshi
Level 4
Level 4

@Rashi_Vatsa 

I forgot to mention that we have been able to fix this issue by connecting the 330pF capacitor instead of 10pF on C94.

0 Likes