Image are shown in Green color - Using CX3 Dev Kit and OCSHA10 sensor

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
subk1234
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 10 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi,

I am using a CX3 Dev Kit to interface to an Omnivision OCSHA10 image sensor. I am able to get the video from the sensor, but the image are filled with Green color. The OCSHA10 support RAW with 10 bits per pixel configuration. The CX3 is configured with CY_U3P_CSI_DF_RAW10.

Can anyone tell me why the image is filled with Green? I have attached a picture of it. My fingers can be faintly seen.

I have attached a video as well.

Thanks and Regards,

Subramanyan

0 Likes
1 Solution
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi Subramanyan,

Windows UVC driver does not support RAW10 video format. Hence, in the CX3 firmware we are setting the GUID of the UVC descriptor file as YUY2. Eventhough the camera is outputting the video in RAW10 format, the host is interpreting it as YUY2 format. Hence, you see the greenish video.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
AliAsgar

Hi Subramanyan,

Windows UVC driver does not support RAW10 video format. Hence, in the CX3 firmware we are setting the GUID of the UVC descriptor file as YUY2. Eventhough the camera is outputting the video in RAW10 format, the host is interpreting it as YUY2 format. Hence, you see the greenish video.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes
subk1234
Level 2
Level 2

Hi AliAsgar,

Thanks for the quick response. How do we get around this issue?

Thanks and Regards,

Subbu

0 Likes
AliAsgar

Hi Subbu,

The video data being sent to the host PC is in RAW10 format. You could use a host application that has the capability to view a video in RAW format to eliminate the greenish tint.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes
subk1234
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Aliasgar,

I checked this link. This talks about RAW10 format. Is this valid for CX3 Development Kit and firmware? 

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Streaming-RAW10-Format-Input-Data-to-16-24...

Please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,

Subbu

0 Likes
AliAsgar

Hi Subbu,

The given KBA link is valid for CX3 Development kit and firmware.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes