IMX316

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
wadu_4714431
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

Is there any company to develop a board to communicate with IMX316 on usb or a board which already exist?

I see that can be done with the cx3.

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

I am not able to access the link for the T25N01A connector that you pointed out in response no.4.

As mentioned in Question 11, of the following KBA: CX3 Hardware: Frequently Asked Questions - KBA91295

You can interface your custom daughter card to CX3 RDK by using a interconnect board to interface with the CX3 connector to the image sensor connector (T25N01A).

You can also refer to this link to download to the schematics of the CX3 Denebola RDK where you could get the connector of the main-board and you can acquire a suitable female connector for your daughter-board.

Also, you may need to acquire the female connector for the image sensor connector (T25N01A) and route the lines accordingly to be able to interface them.

Or you can go ahead and build a custom board with CX3 and the image sensor (no need to acquire the CX3 board connectors) and please refer to Question 8 of the above-mentioned document for guidelines.

Regards,
Yashwant

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
cycy_1740621
Level 4
Level 4
First comment on KBA 10 solutions authored 25 replies posted

Do you face any problem when you're trying to integrate this camera into your design or you're just finding some references?

0 Likes

i didn't find any refence and also i don't know how to integrate it.

if some one can help i will be very greatful.

0 Likes

You could describe your question here in detail and someone could help you.

0 Likes

hi thanks for your interest.

on the forum i saw someone saying that he managed to connect an IMX316 sensor to a fx3(FX3 use imx316, can't get correct data ), so i know that it's possible but i don't know how.

i got just the datsheet of the connector of T25N01A (DropMeFiles – free one-click file sharing service ) but other than that i don't have any documentions to work with.

0 Likes

FX3 has pararell interface which could connect to a sensor which outputs data from pararell IOs while CX3 could  connect to a sensor which has MIPI interface . As you may know, MIPI interface is a kind of serial ports.

They're not the same. You should first confirm if the sensor could work with CX3 or FX3.

0 Likes

Hello,

The thread that you are referring to (this one: FX3 use imx316, can't get correct data ) uses a CX3 and not FX3.
The attached screenshots in that threads is for the CX3 Configuration Utility which has the MIPI CSI-2 interface to be able to connect to MIPI capable sensors.

Please refer to the datasheet of the image sensor and confirm if the device supports parallel interface or MIPI interface by contacting the image sensor manufacturer or a vendor as mentioned in the above response by cycy_1740621

We currently don't have a reference design with IMX316 image sensor, and you will need to fabricate your own custom board or interconnect board between CX3(for mipi interface) / FX3 (for parallel interface) and IMX316 sensor.

Please refer to the following KBA to understand the interfacing of an image sensor with CX3 and the different timing parameters involved with CX3:

1.) Analysis of CX3 Video Timing Parameters – KBA226779

2.) Steps to Setup up MIPI CSI Camera Solution with CX3 – KBA225748

You can go through these FAQ to get a better understanding of CX3:
1.) CX3 Firmware: Frequently Asked Questions - KBA91297

2.) CX3 Hardware: Frequently Asked Questions - KBA91295

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes

Hello,

I am not able to access the link for the T25N01A connector that you pointed out in response no.4.

As mentioned in Question 11, of the following KBA: CX3 Hardware: Frequently Asked Questions - KBA91295

You can interface your custom daughter card to CX3 RDK by using a interconnect board to interface with the CX3 connector to the image sensor connector (T25N01A).

You can also refer to this link to download to the schematics of the CX3 Denebola RDK where you could get the connector of the main-board and you can acquire a suitable female connector for your daughter-board.

Also, you may need to acquire the female connector for the image sensor connector (T25N01A) and route the lines accordingly to be able to interface them.

Or you can go ahead and build a custom board with CX3 and the image sensor (no need to acquire the CX3 board connectors) and please refer to Question 8 of the above-mentioned document for guidelines.

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes