I can't program of I2C EEPROM on Fx3s EVKIT.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I hope to boot  EEPROM using I2C, so I want to program to EEPROM. but It can't.

I build for release mode. and  I follow the Program section in CyControlCenter.pdf. but the message is "Programming of I2C EEPROM Failed" I don't know why the message printed.

I attached a fail message and properties of img file.

Thank you.

Regards.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

What device are you using? Are you using a FX3/Fx3s DVK or your own board? 

If you are trying to program I2C on your own board, confirm the connectivity of the signal lines by probing the lines when trying to program. Make sure that the part of I2C EEPROM  complies with the information provided in the application note: AN76405 - EZ-USB® FX3™ Boot Option.

Ensure that  the VIO5 voltage is compatible with I2C EEPROM. Confirm if the size of the EEPROM is greater than the size of your image file. For testing your I2Cconnection, you can load our I2Cexample firmware into the RAM of FX3 and try to write data to the devices and read back the same. The examples are available in the FX3 SDK in the following locations:           Read / Write:            \ 1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxusbi2cregmode          

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I use Fx3s EVM board made by PACTRON.

I checked a VIO5. It's 3v3. I think VIO5 is working well.

I tested I2CREG firmware. located  \ 1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxusbi2cregmode.

The result is fine. 0x00 to 0xff.

but Progremaming to EEPROM is fail yet.

Thank you.

Regards

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Try loading any of our example firmware's IMG file. If that also fails, it might be an issue with the board.

Please contact pactron and inform them about the issue. They might offer you a replacement

support@pactronstore.com

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. 

I connected PACTRON supporter. 

supporter says Cypress Control Center does not support image size more then 64KBytes.

and he suggest that I'll ask the question to Cyress this problem.

Majority of Example project provided by Cypress are more then 64KBytes.

I need more help. the board booted by I2C.

Thank you

Regards.

0 Likes