I am looking for a Image Sensor Interface Using EZ-USB FX3.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ElC_4662986
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a Image Sensor Interface Using EZ-USB FX3 and the image sensor I'll be using will be EV76C560ABT-EQV from teledyne. Can you please suggest suitable Cypress part as I could see quite a lot of variants available in the Cypress listing and I have difficulty selecting exact part for my requirement. Attached is the teledyne datasheet for reference.

Thanks

Elango

0 Likes
1 Solution
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

You can use CYUSB3014-BZXC for commercial or CYUSB3014-BZXI for industrial temperature range which uses 32-bit GPIF bus for data and 512 kB of SRAM for code and data. This data bus can be configured to 16 and also 8 bits based on your requirements.

Since you are using an image sensor with 8 or 10 bit parallel data, you can also use CYUSB3013 which has 16 bit GPIF bus or CYUSB3012 which has 32-bit but 256 kB of SRAM, based on the application requirements.

Please refer to the ordering information  section in the FX3 datasheet.

All the parts mentioned in the datasheet has SPI interface which is needed for controlling the image sensor mentioned.

AN75779​ explains implementing an image sensor interface using FX3 with 8 bit data interface, on Superspeed Explorer Kit (CYUSB3014)

Thanks,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

You can use CYUSB3014-BZXC for commercial or CYUSB3014-BZXI for industrial temperature range which uses 32-bit GPIF bus for data and 512 kB of SRAM for code and data. This data bus can be configured to 16 and also 8 bits based on your requirements.

Since you are using an image sensor with 8 or 10 bit parallel data, you can also use CYUSB3013 which has 16 bit GPIF bus or CYUSB3012 which has 32-bit but 256 kB of SRAM, based on the application requirements.

Please refer to the ordering information  section in the FX3 datasheet.

All the parts mentioned in the datasheet has SPI interface which is needed for controlling the image sensor mentioned.

AN75779​ explains implementing an image sensor interface using FX3 with 8 bit data interface, on Superspeed Explorer Kit (CYUSB3014)

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes