How to use I2C mode to program firmware

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
qizh_4792066
Level 1
Level 1

Why programming RAM succeed, but programming of I2C EEPROM failed using a same img file?

0 Likes
1 Solution
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Are you using the FX3 Super Speed Explorer Kit? If you are using a custom board, can you please confirm if a I2C EEPROM is electrically connected to the FX3's I2C lines?

The .img file should be generated accordingly for different   EEPROMs. Please refer to this KBA: https://www.cypress.com/file/359356/download  

Also, please test the accessibility of the EEPROM using the USBI2cRegMode example form the FX3 SDK on RAM of FX3. Try to Write and Read from EEPROM to make sure that the EEPROM is working and is accessible. The I2C address (i2cAddr) should be changed in the firmware and rebuilt. 

Also, can you program any other img files to the EEPROM?

Thanks,

Yatheesh 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Roy_Liu
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Which chip are you trying to program?

Roy Liu
0 Likes

we using cyusb 3014 chip

0 Likes
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Are you using the FX3 Super Speed Explorer Kit? If you are using a custom board, can you please confirm if a I2C EEPROM is electrically connected to the FX3's I2C lines?

The .img file should be generated accordingly for different   EEPROMs. Please refer to this KBA: https://www.cypress.com/file/359356/download  

Also, please test the accessibility of the EEPROM using the USBI2cRegMode example form the FX3 SDK on RAM of FX3. Try to Write and Read from EEPROM to make sure that the EEPROM is working and is accessible. The I2C address (i2cAddr) should be changed in the firmware and rebuilt. 

Also, can you program any other img files to the EEPROM?

Thanks,

Yatheesh 

0 Likes