How to trigger master parallel read procession ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
toxic_4013911
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, all.

I am a newman of FX3, and i using SuperSpeed Design Examples V1.2\FX3 Firmware Projects\GPIF_Example10 to set up a 8bits parallel communication with one slave mcu.

for now data send out from FX3 is ok, but i don't know how to trigger FX3 read procession.can any one help me out?

i have tried to set up the signals follow the GPIF design timing but the FX3  do not trigger a read procession.

where is the interface signal specification? i want to konw the signals timing.

and is there any files for good understanding of the GPIF state machine?

Tks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Tony,

AN87216 has both Master and Slave firmwares. One FX3 acts as a Master and other slave. So, you can refer to the GPIF state machine implementations in both the cases and see how the reads and writes are managed.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

You can refer to the following App Note:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an87216-designing-gpif-ii-master-interface

For getting used to GPIF Designer, you can refer:

FX3_SDK_Installation_path\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\GPIFII_Designer

The above path is accessed after you install FX3 SDK from the below link:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

Regards,

Hemanth 

Hemanth
0 Likes

thanks for reply.i have read them, but i still don't konw how to do at the mcu side.

Regards,

Tony

0 Likes

Hi Tony,

AN87216 has both Master and Slave firmwares. One FX3 acts as a Master and other slave. So, you can refer to the GPIF state machine implementations in both the cases and see how the reads and writes are managed.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes