How to send data to the DMA channel with auto mode  in the fireware?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
waxi_1305956
Level 3
Level 3

Hi:

I use the FX3 to connect to a FPGA,i use the ‘sync_slave_fifo_2bit’GPIF project to communicate with FPGA.The dma channel is set usb_socket1 to the p_port_socket_1,it can be tansfer data from PC to FPGA,but i want to transfer somedata to the DMA channeel in the fireware and whitnot the PC.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Wang,

The DMA channel used in this example is auto DMA chaneel. You can not change data in an auto DMA channel. If you want to change the data you need to configure a Manual DMA channel.

Thanks,

Krishna.

0 Likes

Thanks

If i use the Manual DMA channel and i how to send data to the DMA channel in the firmware? Is there some functions to do this?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use a Manual OUT Channel from the FX3 CPU (as producer) to the P-Port (consumer) . Write data to the DMA buffers(you can use CyU3PMemSet () API) in the firmware and comitt the buffer to the consumer.

0 Likes

Thanks

If i use a U_port socket as the producer and the P_port as the consumer with the DMA Manual mode ,can i use some functions to transfer data to the DMA channel in the firmware?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you can . Once you get the handle of the buffer, do a MemSet as mentioned earlier

0 Likes