How to refresh the image that cyscript is loading into the FX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ThAl_4704151
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hello.

I had the inf file set up such that it runs a script that loads an image from a certain directory onto my FX3 chip as described in CyUSB.pdf. That worked fine for a while, but I've recently built a new image that registers another endpoint. I replaced the image at that path with the new one, but the FX3 still enumerates with the old number of endpoints, which tells me that we're still running old firmware.

I built the script using the record feature in the control center.

Why and how is the script loading an image that I've deleted and replaced, and how can I make it load the proper one? 

Thinking about it some more, I was assuming that the script loads the image based on it's path, but if it builds the image into the script instead of loading when the script executes, that would explain the discrepancy. Is that more accurate?

0 Likes
1 Solution
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi,

When you are trying to program FX3 with this new image using the Control Center, is it working fine?

Was the script recreated when the new firmware is programmed to FX3 using Control Center?

When a new image is programmed to FX3 using Control Center, a new script has to be created. The script contains the Control transfer requests and response from the device to the host. Once a script is recorded, any change to the firmware or the path wont have any effect on the script unless it is recreated.

Please try to recreate the script and check if the issue exists.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi,

When you are trying to program FX3 with this new image using the Control Center, is it working fine?

Was the script recreated when the new firmware is programmed to FX3 using Control Center?

When a new image is programmed to FX3 using Control Center, a new script has to be created. The script contains the Control transfer requests and response from the device to the host. Once a script is recorded, any change to the firmware or the path wont have any effect on the script unless it is recreated.

Please try to recreate the script and check if the issue exists.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes
ThAl_4704151
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

That did the trick. I was assuming that the script was loading the file at the path I used when I recorded the script but instead it's sending whatever is sent when I'm recording the script. To put it another way, the image I'm trying to load into the FX3 is getting built into the script.

0 Likes