How to modify OV5640 code to get vendor specific commands?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Subhash24
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 likes given 50 sign-ins

Hello,

I'm using the Denebola kit, and I want to implement a failsafe firmware update, so for that, I need to modify a code to get vendor request from the Firmware update app, which provided in https://community.infineon.com/t5/Resource-Library/FX3-Fail-Safe-Firmware-Update/ta-p/246074

Actually I added event to get vendor request, but even adding evnet using

ret = CyU3PEventCreate (&glBulkLpEvent);

and tried get event with this  

stat = CyU3PEventGet (&glBulkLpEvent, eventMask, CYU3P_EVENT_OR_CLEAR, &eventStat, 10);

but I'm unable to get event. 

what is the way get vendor commands?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello,

Please find the attached descriptor file with added vendor interface. Please track the changes using macro VENDOR.

Kindly, do appropriate changes for HS and FS descriptors also

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please let me know if you have added vendor interface to receive the vendor commands.

If yes, you can refer to USBBulkSrcsink application, to understand handling of vendor requests in firmware. Also, confirm if the request sent  by USB host is received properly by the device.

IF you don't want to add vendor interface to OV5640 firmware, please refer to this KBA  FX3/CX3: UVC Extension Unit Application – KBA23046... - Infineon Developer Community  

Regards,
Rashi

Nope, I did not added any vendor interface

0 Likes

Hello,

If you want handle vendor commands, you would need vendor interface i.e. UVC+vendor. You can refer to AN75779 firmware to add vendor interface to UVC by enabling macro #DEBUG_ENABLE. Please note AN75779 is for FX3but you can refer to the firmware to add vendor interface to CX3 firmware

If you do not want to add vendor interface, you can use extension unit (KBA shared) of UVC interface to send/receive vendor define data

Regards,
Rashi

I want to use Firmware update app which was provided in FailsafeFirmware update,

for that which one do I need to follow? vendor interface or KBA?

0 Likes

Hello Rashi vatsa, I tried to follow this,

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Vendor-Interface-in-UVC-KBA218335/ta-p/247... 

but still unable to send vendor specific commands

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you please share your firmware for us to check?

We would only need the fx3 firmware files (sensor settings are not needed)

Regards,
Rashi
lock attach

Here are the code Rashi

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello,

Please find the attached descriptor file with added vendor interface. Please track the changes using macro VENDOR.

Kindly, do appropriate changes for HS and FS descriptors also

Regards,
Rashi

Thanks Rashi I replaced descriptor files with what you have given,

I got one problem it's driver is not installed, where I can find driver for this

Screenshot (27).png

0 Likes

Hello,

Please let me know if the device is plugged in as USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 device.

I had only modified USB 3.0 descriptors and it works fine at my end. One interface will come under Camera section of device manager (CX3- UVC) and another will come under other devices (with yellow mark). The interface in other device should be binded to cyusb3 driver as it a vendor interface.

Please refer to point A of this KBA  Trouble Shooting Guide for the FX3/FX3S/CX3 Enumer... - Infineon Developer Community to bind the driver 

Regards,
Rashi

Thanks Rashi, I will look on it

0 Likes