How to get 24MHz on the mClkCtl pin of the CX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ArSa_3842301
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

I am trying to get this frequency in order to synchronize the CX3, on the Denebola board, with the image sensor on the e-CAM59CX3 Daughter board . I have the following configuration in mipicsi.c file:

*********************************************************************************************************

/* OV5640_YUY2_1080p :  */

CyU3PMipicsiCfg_t OV5640_YUY2_1080p = 

{

CY_U3P_CSI_DF_YUV422_8_2,               /* CyU3PMipicsiDataFormat_t dataFormat */

2,                                                                 /* uint8_t numDataLanes */

1,                                                                 /* uint8_t pllPrd */

62,                                                               /* uint16_t pllFbd */

CY_U3P_CSI_PLL_FRS_500_1000M,      /* CyU3PMipicsiPllClkFrs_t pllFrs */ 

CY_U3P_CSI_PLL_CLK_DIV_8,               /* CyU3PMipicsiPllClkDiv_t csiRxClkDiv */

CY_U3P_CSI_PLL_CLK_DIV_8,               /* CyU3PMipicsiPllClkDiv_t parClkDiv */

0xFFFF,                                                      /* uint16_t mClkCtl */

CY_U3P_CSI_PLL_CLK_DIV_2,              /* CyU3PMipicsiPllClkDiv_t mClkRefDiv */

1920,                                                         /* uint16_t hResolution */

50                                                              /* uint16_t fifoDelay */

};

**********************************************************************************************************

Whith this setup I can obtain the following clock frequencies, just chaging the  CyU3PMipicsiPllClkDiv_t mClkRefDiv field:

CY_U3P_CSI_PLL_CLK_DIV_8     -> 147.65khz

CY_U3P_CSI_PLL_CLK_DIV_4     -> 295.32503khz

CY_U3P_CSI_PLL_CLK_DIV_2     -> 590.62530khz

So, I would like to know if it is possible to obtain this 24 Mhz performance or a near value.

Thank you so much!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

The field 'mClkCtl' of the mipi config structure is incorrect. In your case it is set to 0xFFFF

MCLK out frequency = (PLL_CLK) / (MCLK_divider) / (HighByte(mClkCtl) + LowByte(mClkCtl)). In your case it would become

~ 604MHz / (2 * (256+256))

So, please correct the field accordingly.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Hemanth

Hi,

Have you referred to section 1.7.5 of CX3_TRM? If yes, can you let me know what is the value of PLL_CLK in your case?

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes

Hi,

Yes, I calculated PLL_CLK with the following equation:

PLL_CLK = REFCLK * [(pllFbd + 1)/(pllPrd + 1) ] /(2^pllFRS)

Using the following values:

pllFbd = 62

pllPrd = 1

pllFRS = CY_U3P_CSI_PLL_FRS_500_1000M = 0

So, with this values I obtain PLL_CLK = 604.8Mhz. for this reason i don't know why i have a lower frequency on the mClkCtl pin, becasue into the typedef struct CyU3PMipicsiCfg_t declaration it shows that mClkOutput = PLL_Clock / mClkRefDiv.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Hemanth

Hi,

The field 'mClkCtl' of the mipi config structure is incorrect. In your case it is set to 0xFFFF

MCLK out frequency = (PLL_CLK) / (MCLK_divider) / (HighByte(mClkCtl) + LowByte(mClkCtl)). In your case it would become

~ 604MHz / (2 * (256+256))

So, please correct the field accordingly.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes