How to create 2 control endpoints in SlaveFifoSynch example code?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jkhoo
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins First solution authored

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

The USB specification supports only one control endpoint (EP0) which is a combination of EP0 OUT and EP0 IN and is used for controlling the device. It is not possible to create a second control endpoint. 

Please let us know your exact requirement so that we can suggest any possible alternatives.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

The USB specification supports only one control endpoint (EP0) which is a combination of EP0 OUT and EP0 IN and is used for controlling the device. It is not possible to create a second control endpoint. 

Please let us know your exact requirement so that we can suggest any possible alternatives.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
jkhoo
Level 3
Level 3

noted on the confirmation that only one control endpoint can be created in EZ-USB FX3.

Is it a must that Egress/Ingress socket of I2C transceiver in LPP block connect to control endpoint?

0 Likes

Hello,

Is it a must that Egress/Ingress socket of I2C transceiver in LPP block connect to control endpoint?

>> No, it is not a must to send or receive the data obtained from the I2C transceiver through the control endpoint. You can also use a different endpoint to send or receive the data. But, we do not have an example project for this requirement.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
jkhoo
Level 3
Level 3

Is the different endpoint you are referring to, the Bulk IN and Bulk Out endpoint?

0 Likes

Hello,

Yes, the different endpoint can be Bulk IN and Bulk OUT endpoints.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
jkhoo
Level 3
Level 3

If i connect the I2C egress/ingress socket to a pair of Bulk IN and Bulk OUT endpoint, do i have to follow the advice you provided earlier "you should not initiate the I2C transfer inside the DMA callback function. This is because blocking calls should not be used inside DMA callback function. You can initiate them in the infinite for loop".

0 Likes

Hello,

Yes, this recommendation should be followed.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes