How to change friendly name that show in window device manager?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Flute
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted First solution authored 25 sign-ins

I'm studying CYUSB3014. I want to change the friendly name that shown by FX3 device. 003.png

I've tried to modify CyFxUSBManufactureDscr and CyFxUSBProductDscr, but it doesn't work. How can I do it?

0 Likes
1 Solution
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi,

To change the friendly name "Cypress FX3 USB StreamerExample Device" in windows device manager, the string related to that particular VID PID must be modified in the driver .inf file (here, cyusb3.inf). 

Note that after making the changes to the driver.inf file, you need to get it signed from Windows. Please look at the Driver Resell procedure mentioned in CyUSB.pdf provided with the FX3 SDK.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi,

To change the friendly name "Cypress FX3 USB StreamerExample Device" in windows device manager, the string related to that particular VID PID must be modified in the driver .inf file (here, cyusb3.inf). 

Note that after making the changes to the driver.inf file, you need to get it signed from Windows. Please look at the Driver Resell procedure mentioned in CyUSB.pdf provided with the FX3 SDK.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

Flute
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted First solution authored 25 sign-ins

Thanks.

0 Likes