How to bind UVC class device to cypress driver.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaAr_2545856
Level 4
Level 4
5 sign-ins 5 solutions authored First solution authored

I am trying to use the AN75779 example project .I want to display the UVC device in Control Center . So that I can test SensorGetBrightness and SensorSetBrightness.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is very difficult display a UVC device on Control center. You need to find an equivalent Cypress VID/PID that has two interfaces and change the class to Vendor specific in descriptors. Easiest way to do a SET and GET brightness is to use a third party application like Bus Hound . Note that you might have to open a UVC application in order to open a video filter and send UVC specific commands.

Check if it helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is very difficult display a UVC device on Control center. You need to find an equivalent Cypress VID/PID that has two interfaces and change the class to Vendor specific in descriptors. Easiest way to do a SET and GET brightness is to use a third party application like Bus Hound . Note that you might have to open a UVC application in order to open a video filter and send UVC specific commands.

Check if it helps.

Hi savanj_16:

The "Control Center" which you were talking about is the "Cypress - USB Control Center", right?

Thank you

0 Likes

Hi,

Yes, "Cypress - USB Control Center" and "Control Center" refer to the same software application.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes