Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Subhash24
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 likes given 50 sign-ins

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to add Descriptors of USBBulkSourceSink example to OV5640 example, to support vendor specific commands sent by  Firmware updater provided in failsafe firmware update?

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Please refer to the following KBA:
https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Vendor-Interface-in-UVC-KBA218335/ta-p/247...

You can use this as a reference to add a vendor interface to OV5640 firmware.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Please refer to the following KBA:
https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Vendor-Interface-in-UVC-KBA218335/ta-p/247...

You can use this as a reference to add a vendor interface to OV5640 firmware.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

I followed the same procedure and then I'm able to get one interface, as shown below

Screenshot (24).png

 It is enumerated as USB Serial Port COM17, but how to modify descriptors as it should communicate with Firmware Updater app

0 Likes

@JayakrishnaT_76 I found this thread https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-superspeed-peripherals/CX3-Update-firmware-in-SPI-flash-over-H... 

useful but compiling HID_sample.c I'm getting

HID_Sample_App.c:9:20: fatal error: hidsdi.h: No such file or directory

can you share required files to compile perfectly?

0 Likes

Hello,

I tried compiling the host application the thread at my end and it compiles successfully.

Please check if you have installed the required components from visual studio

Regards,
Rashi

@Rashi_Vatsa  @JayakrishnaT_76 , I connected my Denenbola kit to USB2.0  

and I even changed to connect to host as USB2.0 with CyU3PConnectState(CyTrue, CyFalse)

I'm able to stream video, but whilee flashing new firmware with

HID_Sample.exe <Image_name.img>

I get this 

Debug>HID_Sample_App.exe Cx3UvcOV5640_BASIC.img
.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................first setoutput report failed

0 Likes

Hi,

As this query is different than the main thread description, we would request you to create a new thread for this query. This will be helpful to other community members as well.

Or Please refer to this thread Solved: Unable to get Images when I try to use "Update fir... - Infineon Developer Community

Regards,
Rashi