How should I develop Mass Storage device using CYUSB3KIT-003 EZ-USB® FX3™ SuperSpeed Explorer Kit? Kindly provide me with an overall hint as i am a beginner to this field. Thanks

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MoLa_3842091
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like given

How should I develop Mass Storage device using CYUSB3KIT-003 EZ-USB® FX3™ SuperSpeed Explorer Kit? Kindly provide me with an overall hint as i am a beginner to this field. Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

You cannot use CYUSB3KIT-003 EZ-USB® FX3™ SuperSpeed Explorer Kit for storage support as it does not have S-Port. You can use FX3S for interfacing EMMC chip via SD card emmc adapter. We have one firmware example for interfacing SD Card with FX3S.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\msc_examples\cyfx3s_msc

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav Garg

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MoLa_3842091
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like given

I want to connect eMMC to GPIF II to get usb3.0 storage device as a final product, but I'm not sure if I can use fx3s firmware API with my CYUSB3KIT-003 EZ-USB® FX3™ SuperSpeed Explorer Kit as it appears to me that Cypress supports this approach only using FX3s.  what are the hardware limitations on this explorer kit? I assume i have to physically connect an SD-card or eMMC to the pins provided on the kit, I'm planning to also use fx3s firmware API to allow an external processor to access SD/MMC devices through the GPIF port. , should I expect this to work?

0 Likes

Hi,

You cannot use CYUSB3KIT-003 EZ-USB® FX3™ SuperSpeed Explorer Kit for storage support as it does not have S-Port. You can use FX3S for interfacing EMMC chip via SD card emmc adapter. We have one firmware example for interfacing SD Card with FX3S.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\msc_examples\cyfx3s_msc

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav Garg

0 Likes