How do I check if the fx3, running on USB 2 only, is in standby mode?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DiDi_4439146
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 10 sign-ins 10 replies posted

How do I check if the fx3, running on USB 2 only, is in standby mode? I'm not using it on USB 3.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bakal
100 sign-ins 25 solutions authored 50 replies posted

Hello,

There are two ways to check:
1) If FX3 is in standby mode: If you are explicitly triggering the standby using CyU3PSysEnterStandbyMode in your firmware, then you need to use the UART prints to check whether your FX3 is entering in standby mode or not.
2) If you want to check if the USB bus is in low power mode, then please check the USB Event logs prints.

Please refer to:
a) C:\Program Files (x86) \Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\basic_examples\cyfxlowpowertest (for checking UART prints).
b) C:\Program Files (x86) \Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\basic_examples\cyfxbulksrcsink (for USB Logs).

Thanks,
Sakshi Bakal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bakal

Hello,

There are two ways to check:
1) If FX3 is in standby mode: If you are explicitly triggering the standby using CyU3PSysEnterStandbyMode in your firmware, then you need to use the UART prints to check whether your FX3 is entering in standby mode or not.
2) If you want to check if the USB bus is in low power mode, then please check the USB Event logs prints.

Please refer to:
a) C:\Program Files (x86) \Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\basic_examples\cyfxlowpowertest (for checking UART prints).
b) C:\Program Files (x86) \Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\basic_examples\cyfxbulksrcsink (for USB Logs).

Thanks,
Sakshi Bakal.

0 Likes

I see.

I was asking because I have a USB device which tries to do remote wakeup:

status = CyU3PUsbDoRemoteWakeup();

But, sometimes the status is returned with:
status == CY_U3P_ERROR_OPERN_DISABLED

So I wanted to verify that the bus is not suspended before doing a remote wakup.

Is there a proper example of how to implement remote wakeup?

0 Likes
Bakal

Hello,

1) We have implemented the remote wakeup function in bulksourcesink example, please refer to that:
C:\Program Files (x86) \Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\basic_examples\cyfxbulksrcsink

2) 'CY_U3P_ERROR_OPERN_DISABLED' this error pops up if the USB connection is not 2.0, is not suspended or remote wakeup is disabled. So, please do check with that too. 

Thanks,
Sakshi Bakal

0 Likes