How can I correctly recognize USB devices after adding the CDC interface to the FX3?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
zhansun
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like received First solution authored

I need to use both the USB Uart and SlaveFIFO, so I added the CDC interface to the FX3 device following the knowledge base article:Adding Communication Device Class Interface to FX3... - Infineon Developer Community

But when I  program the FX3, the device manager could not recognize the device correctly, as shown in the figure

zhansun_0-1668480490591.png

According to the article description, I need to delete the original driver and reprogram it, the original description is

zhansun_2-1668480682247.png

But after I delete the driver, the device is recognized as "WestBridge", so I can't burn the img file to it anymore.

What can I do to recognize the device correctly?

1 Solution

Hello , thank you very much for your test and reply

Before I received your reply, I tried to replace the Cypress driver with another driver and after I replaced it with "USB composite device", there was "COM5" and "FX3" and "USB composite device", and then I bound "FX3" to "Cypress FX3 USB StreamerExample Device".

Currently my device manager looks like this.

zhansun_0-1668493648618.png

And the USB Control Center also recognizes FX3 devices properly.

zhansun_1-1668493778322.png

Is this condition normal now?

And I have two other questions.

1. does the current USB-Uart correspond to the UART interface in the figure below?

zhansun_2-1668494170097.png

2. If it is the above interface. The manual(CYUSB3014)  states that UART is shared interface with SPI, currently my SPI interface is connected to FLASH, if I want to use this function is it necessary to empty this interface and use other storage boot method (such as IIC), and then connect this UART port to other devices to achieve communication? Or are there other ways, such as using the SlaveFIFO interface only, to achieve both SlaveFIFO and virtual COM? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi,

I tested the Code attached to the Knowledge article and it works as expected as mentioned in the article.

1. Can you give me the status of the PMODE jumper(J4)? The article is written with a USB Bootloader(RAM) in mind. So, J4 should be closed in the Superspeed explorer kit. If you are using other modes like I2C EEPROM or SPI flash, use RAM.

2. Can you give the VID PID of the device being enumerated?

3. Can you share screenshots of the device manager when this issue is happening?

Thanks,
Ajeeth

Hello , thank you very much for your test and reply

Before I received your reply, I tried to replace the Cypress driver with another driver and after I replaced it with "USB composite device", there was "COM5" and "FX3" and "USB composite device", and then I bound "FX3" to "Cypress FX3 USB StreamerExample Device".

Currently my device manager looks like this.

zhansun_0-1668493648618.png

And the USB Control Center also recognizes FX3 devices properly.

zhansun_1-1668493778322.png

Is this condition normal now?

And I have two other questions.

1. does the current USB-Uart correspond to the UART interface in the figure below?

zhansun_2-1668494170097.png

2. If it is the above interface. The manual(CYUSB3014)  states that UART is shared interface with SPI, currently my SPI interface is connected to FLASH, if I want to use this function is it necessary to empty this interface and use other storage boot method (such as IIC), and then connect this UART port to other devices to achieve communication? Or are there other ways, such as using the SlaveFIFO interface only, to achieve both SlaveFIFO and virtual COM? 

0 Likes

Hi,

Good to hear that your issue is resolved!

1. Yes, USB-UART corresponds to the UART interface of the FX3 as shown in the block diagram.

2. Please refer to all the combinations in Table 7 Page Number 29 of the FX3 datasheet. You can use SPI and UART by choosing "16-bit Data Bus + UART + SPI + I2S".

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes