Host - FX3 - FPGA

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
yome_2973626
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! First question asked First reply posted

Hi,

what is going to happen if the HOST fills all the fifos in the dma of the fx3 and the FPGA did not start reading yet?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Younis,

Firstly we have to verify that whether DMA buffers are getting filled with data. For that you can make DMA channel as manual and then print some UART debug message when you get DMA callback.

Thanks & RegardsAbhinav Garg

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
abhinavg_21
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi Younis,

If all the DMA buffers get filled and its not consumed by the consumer then you will get commit buffer failures.

Thanks & Regards
Abhinav

0 Likes

Ok.

What could be the reason the FX3's buffer flags are not changing and indicating there is no data that the FPGA can read! the flags are disappearing for few sofs say 32 sofs. and also this is not happening on all the type of operating system!

0 Likes

Hi Younis,

Do you mean to say that FX3's Full flag is not asserting as expected? And this is not happening with all the operating systems. Which OS is running on the host side?

-- the flags are disappearing for few sofs say 32 sofs.

Please explain further.

I assume that OS is running on host machine, not on FPGA side. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

0 Likes

exactly! FX3's Full flag is not asserting as expected! And this is not happening with all the operating systems!

I can see the problem with MAC OS and rarely on windows!

yes. the flags are not asserting and the period of not asserting takes for 32 start of frame!

0 Likes

Hi Younis,

Firstly we have to verify that whether DMA buffers are getting filled with data. For that you can make DMA channel as manual and then print some UART debug message when you get DMA callback.

Thanks & RegardsAbhinav Garg

0 Likes