HX3 failed to read from EEPROM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Mike22
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Unable to read EEPROM. Please advise

Mike22_0-1671491063438.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Mike22
Level 2
Level 2

So I found out that the EEPROM device installed on our board is MSOP type and so per the  eeprom data sheet A0 and A1 are not connected so both are left open on our board. But A2 is ground. This means that address should be 0xA0 and NOT 0xA2 as configured on the reference design. Does the HX3 Blaster tool support eeprom addressing at 0xA0? IF so how to program the eeprom at address 0xA0 with default image? where to get this default image? Please advise

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi Mike,

1. Is the EEPROM powered properly? i.e., VCC should be High

2. Is I2C lines pulled high to 3.3V?

3. As mentioned in the GUI, is the EEPROM address 0xA2. If not, please update the same in the tool and try reading from EEPROM.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes
Mike22
Level 2
Level 2

Here is snapshot of the circuit. The GUI reported failed to read EEPROM still

Mike22_0-1671554796305.png

0 Likes
Mike22
Level 2
Level 2

Any suggestion please? The EPPROM installed is blank but the GUI is not recognized at 0xA2 address?

0 Likes
Ajeethkumar_P

Hi Mike,

What is the status of the Jumpers J7 and J8(MODE_SEL) in your schematics? Please select MODE_SEL pins b'01 to select EEPROM Master boot.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes

I tried the suggested jumpers position but no change. Are there other jumper(s) needed to configure as well? If yes which one? Please advise

0 Likes
Mike22
Level 2
Level 2

Are there other jumper(s) needed to configure as well? If yes which one? Please advise

0 Likes
Ajeethkumar_P

Hi Mike,

Please share the schematics of your board if it is not confidential.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes

I already shared the schematic in previous discussion. Did you get it?

0 Likes
Mike22
Level 2
Level 2

So I found out that the EEPROM device installed on our board is MSOP type and so per the  eeprom data sheet A0 and A1 are not connected so both are left open on our board. But A2 is ground. This means that address should be 0xA0 and NOT 0xA2 as configured on the reference design. Does the HX3 Blaster tool support eeprom addressing at 0xA0? IF so how to program the eeprom at address 0xA0 with default image? where to get this default image? Please advise

0 Likes
Ajeethkumar_P

Hi Mike,

In the Blaster Plus tool, you can use the "Configure I2C" option to choose the values corresponding to your installed EEPROM.

You can download the latest firmware(version B7) here.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes