Green dot display at fx3 UVC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
gyle_4646071
Level 1
Level 1

I used both image sensor and isp ic.

The image sensor uses 1280*960 @ 30hz, rgb bayer, parallel output.
Isp converts it to YCbCr, 1280*960 @ 30hz, parallel output.
The image sensor and isp are kits, so the output is output through a 2.54 pin header.

The board used CYUSB3KIT-003, and the kit and board were connected with jumper pins.
In the example, UVC_AN75779 was used, and the pinmap was also connected.
In the example, only the sensor initialization, resolution and video frame size were changed.

The resolution and frequency are normally displayed on the screen.

However, green dot are appearing everywhere.

I am not sure where to check this problem.
The output of the original ISP is connected to other boards, and when you use certain software, the screen appears, but there is a clean screen.
When I connect fx3, the green dot comes out.

I want to know if it is caused by noise or if there is another problem.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

From the images, i can see that isp_patten1.jpg and my_pattern_01.jpg are similar and there's no difference at all

But in isp_pattern2.jpg and my_pattern_02.jpg, there's a significant addition of the green color into yellow and blue test pattern strips and a bit of distortion in the red and pink lines too.

The most probable cause of this can be the added noise because of the jumpers that you are using to transfer the large video data into the FX3, which is not recommended at any case.

Can you please let me know if my_pattern_01.jpg and my_pattern_02.jpg are taken with the same test setup (FX3+sensor) under the same environment?

If not, please let me know the differences.

Regards,
Yashwant

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello,

Please refer to the following threads with similar issues:
1.) For FX3: FX3 with AN75779 source code and MT9M114, color modification

2.) For CX3:  cx3 ov5640 graph color green

Both of the above threads address similar issue where the most probable cause is the hardware.

Also, as seen in connection.jpg, the sensor with FX3 is connected using Jumper wires which are not recommended or advised since there can be a lot of noise introduced into the video stream that might be a probable cause for the green-dot issue.

"The output of the original ISP is connected to other boards, and when you use certain software, the screen appears, but there is a clean screen."

==> Can you please let me know if the ISP was connected using jumpers to the other boards as well, or is there a dedicated interconnect board?

Also, can you let me know the Softwares that gave clean video stream?

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Thanks for the answer.

1. The sensor board is AR0132AT made by aptina.
The isp board is AP0101AT made by aptina.
The usb transfer board is Demo2x made by aptina.
Demo2x contains a cy7c68013 chip.
It works with its own software 'devWareX ' made by onsemi, but not uvc.

2. I displayed the test pattern in fx3.

• my_pattern_01.png : my fx3 UVC image 1
  • isp_pattern1.png : isp datasheet image1 pattern.

• my_pattern_02.png : my fx3 UVC image 2
  • isp_pattern2.png : isp datasheet image2 pattern.

I really want to know if this is a hardware problem.

0 Likes

Hello,

From the images, i can see that isp_patten1.jpg and my_pattern_01.jpg are similar and there's no difference at all

But in isp_pattern2.jpg and my_pattern_02.jpg, there's a significant addition of the green color into yellow and blue test pattern strips and a bit of distortion in the red and pink lines too.

The most probable cause of this can be the added noise because of the jumpers that you are using to transfer the large video data into the FX3, which is not recommended at any case.

Can you please let me know if my_pattern_01.jpg and my_pattern_02.jpg are taken with the same test setup (FX3+sensor) under the same environment?

If not, please let me know the differences.

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes

No, there is no difference at all.

I will make a connection pcb to avoid using jumper wires.

If the same problem still occurs, I will post it again.
Thank you.

0 Likes