GX3 driver need

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6
Distributor - TED (Japan)
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 250 replies posted

I want to use GX3.

Here is the driver. Is it mandatory to install this driver on a PC or Tablet connected to GX3? Is it possible to run with the device driver that the OS vendor has as standard?

There are a variety of devices that can be connected to the GX3. The procedure to install the dedicated driver on all PCs / Tablets is very complicated. I would like to delete this process if possible.

Thank you,
Tetsuo

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello Tetsuo-San,

Yes, it is required to install the GX3 driver on the PC or Tablet to which the GX3 device is connected to.

GX3 is a custom device and its implementation does not fall under any of the USB-IF defined classes.  So, if GX3 is connected to a host running any OS, it will not by default recognize GX3 as a USB to network device. Due to this, we have provided drivers for each OS to which the GX3 device may be connected. The drivers can be downloaded from the link provided in your description.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello Tetsuo-San,

Yes, it is required to install the GX3 driver on the PC or Tablet to which the GX3 device is connected to.

GX3 is a custom device and its implementation does not fall under any of the USB-IF defined classes.  So, if GX3 is connected to a host running any OS, it will not by default recognize GX3 as a USB to network device. Due to this, we have provided drivers for each OS to which the GX3 device may be connected. The drivers can be downloaded from the link provided in your description.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6
Distributor - TED (Japan)
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Jayakrishna-san,

Thank you for your reply.
I understand.

Thanks,
Tetsuo