GPIF2 - How to change the DR_GPIO polarity?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HuYa_4249091
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi, I knew the DR_GPIO action corresponds to Output Signal Setting. I’ve studied GPIFII_Designer_User_Guide, and have 2 questions for the GPIO polarity.

output signal settings all.JPG

CMD_RDY output signal settings.jpg

Q1:

initial value.JPG

What is “new value”? (or I can ignore the word)

Q2: According to the description for Output Signal Settings - Polarity:

polarity.JPG

Besides, DR_GPIO action CANNOT select the polarity in Assert mode.

CMD_RDY action settings.jpg

Therefore, if Output Signal Settings - Polarity sets Active High, when DR_GPIO action is executed, the pin’s polarity will ALWAYS be high?

Any help will be highly appreciated!

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Please find my comments to your questions below:

1. The new value is used to indicate the state to which the GPIO may be changed in the state machine. In the interface definition tab of GPIF II designer,  an initial value can be set for a GPIO. The GPIO will drive this value until the DR_GPIO action is executed for that particular GPIO in any of the state. The resulting change in state of GPIO indicates new value.

2. Suppose the polarity of GPIO is set as Active High and if Assert is used in any of the states in the state machine, Then, it will make the corresponding GPIO HIGH. If in the next state, DR_GPIO is not used, then this will make the GPIO go back to initial state.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Please find my comments to your questions below:

1. The new value is used to indicate the state to which the GPIO may be changed in the state machine. In the interface definition tab of GPIF II designer,  an initial value can be set for a GPIO. The GPIO will drive this value until the DR_GPIO action is executed for that particular GPIO in any of the state. The resulting change in state of GPIO indicates new value.

2. Suppose the polarity of GPIO is set as Active High and if Assert is used in any of the states in the state machine, Then, it will make the corresponding GPIO HIGH. If in the next state, DR_GPIO is not used, then this will make the GPIO go back to initial state.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna