GPIF-II Master Interface Master and Slave FIFO device not recognized

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have two CYUSB3KIT-003 explore kits. Here, I am following "AN87216 - Designing a GPIF II Master Interface" guide to make exchange of data between two hosts as Master and Slave FIFO.

I downloaded and uploaded pre-built firmware images for both the slave device and master device (Autoslave.img and Automaster.img). After uploading, Cypress USB Control Center software shows nothing (before uploading Cypress USB Control Center lists both devices as Cypress FX3 USB Bootloader device). Then, I cross-checked in the device manager, both the device drivers not installed (both are shown as FX3 in other devices). I have tried all the samples from the SDK kit like LED blink, streamer, etc. All the working fine but not for this sample. I have tried all options to install drivers for the device but failed.

What could be the reason? Kindly suggest.

My machine OS is: Windows 10, Windows 7

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please try manually binding the drivers:

In the device manager, Double click FX3 -> Drivers Tab -> Update Driver -> Browse my computer for Driver Software -> Let me pick up from the list of drivers -> Have Disk -> (Select the cyusb3.inf file in the location c:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\driver\) -> Select ant listing such as Cypress Streamer Application" -> Click Next and OK.

Now you should be able to see the device in the control center.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please try manually binding the drivers:

In the device manager, Double click FX3 -> Drivers Tab -> Update Driver -> Browse my computer for Driver Software -> Let me pick up from the list of drivers -> Have Disk -> (Select the cyusb3.inf file in the location c:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\driver\) -> Select ant listing such as Cypress Streamer Application" -> Click Next and OK.

Now you should be able to see the device in the control center.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Madhu! That actually works!

I selected  "FX3 -> Drivers Tab -> Update Driver -> Browse my computer for Driver Software -> Let me pick up from the list of drivers -> USB Controller driver -> Have Disk -> cyusb3.inf from the Win7_x64_folder (works for Windows 10) -> Selected FX3 Cypress Streamer Application -> Next -> OK"

Now, I am able to run streamer application on two machines to test Master and Slave FIFO sample. I noticed Master to Slave FIFO is working great without any data corruption but while sending data from Slave FIFO to Master device, I am getting garbage data (corrupted).

for example (testing on Cypress USB Control Center): sending "DATA FROM MASTER", I am able to get the same data on Slave device. But while sending the same data back to the Master, I get some corrupted hex data. Can you please suggest me where the actual problem is?

Possible the same question as posted here GPIF II Master & Slave Transform Problem (M to S Pass But S to M Fail!)

0 Likes