GPIF-II Designer GUI interface

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HF
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I have more than 4 actions in some states (to drive multiple CTRL outputs), but somehow the designer GUI only allows me to see the first 4 actions in each state.  Is there a way to re-size the state block on the GUI, so that I can see and select/config all the actions in those states?

Thanks,

Henry

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

It is not possible to re-size the state block on the GUI, but you can try the following to select/config any action in a state:

1. In a state that has more than 4 action, select a particular action.

2. Use the down and up arrow key to select the next/previous action in the same state.

3. Once the desired action is selected, double click on it and do the required configurations.

Please let me know if this works or not. 

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
HF
Level 1
Level 1

... I could manually edit the .xml file after all actions are added (as a workaround), but this is really something that should be done inside the GUI.

0 Likes
JayakrishnaT_76

Hello,

It is not possible to re-size the state block on the GUI, but you can try the following to select/config any action in a state:

1. In a state that has more than 4 action, select a particular action.

2. Use the down and up arrow key to select the next/previous action in the same state.

3. Once the desired action is selected, double click on it and do the required configurations.

Please let me know if this works or not. 

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
HF
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the tip, Jayakrishna!  Down/Up arrow key does the job (...also mouse-wheel scrolling up/down).

Another feature I'm looking for:  is there a way to copy/paste existing fully-defined state into a new state? (this would make the GUI tool a lot easier to use).

Best Regards,

Henry

0 Likes
JayakrishnaT_76

Hello Henry,

The feature that you mentioned in your last response is not supported by GPIF II Designer.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
HF
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Jayakrishna,

Thanks for the feedback, but a bit disappointed... Has Cypress stopped development on the Designer SW? (looks like stuff like the Copy/Paste functions were planned on the GUI, but never implemented).

The GPIF-II HW concept is very interesting and quite powerful to handle rather complicated interfaces, but the Designer SW is dragging its feet to reach its full potential (just my opinion).

Best,

Henry

0 Likes
JayakrishnaT_76

Hello Henry,

Thank you for the feedback. But, there are no plans on enhancement of GPIF II Designer Utility as of now unless a bug which is a show stopper is found.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes