Fix for CyU3PSpiTransmitWords bug

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mialc_1106291
Level 4
Level 4
10 questions asked 50 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hi,

I have an application that uses CyU3PSpiTransmitWords  to write an SPI flash attached to the Cypress FX3. During testing I found that the last few bytes of a 256 byte page write are occasionally corrupted. Changing the SCK frequency may impact how often this occurs, but corruption is still present. This seems to be a result of a bug with CyU3PSpiTransmitWords  that exists in SDK 1.3.4. I found a couple of other forum posts related to an issue with CyU3PSpiTransmitWords and believe the same issue is impacting my application.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-superspeed-peripherals/OLD-bug-still-not-fixed-with-CyU3PSpiTr...

https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-superspeed-peripherals/SPI-clock-pause-and-restart-in-Cypress-...

https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-superspeed-peripherals/CyU3PSpiTransmitWords-bug-SDK-library-1...

I downloaded the debug build of "libcyu3lpp.a" posted in another thread and found that this resolves the issue in debug builds of my application. How do I obtain a release mode build of the library that includes the fix for the bug inCyU3PSpiTransmitWords? BTW - it's not acceptable to not fix a known bug that has existed for 4+ years. Please release a new version of the SDK that fixes this issue, as well as other known issues with SDK 1.3.4 (can't pause debugger, can't select dark mode theme). If I we hadn't already invested significant time in developing firmware I'd be investigating solutions from other silicon vendors.

Thanks,
Michael

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Michael,

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please be assured that we are working on the latest release. FX3 SDK is undergoing validation on Linux and macOS platforms. We expect to release the SDK by Q123.

You can use the updated pre-release (test) library attached here. This is the latest version which is Undergoing Validation.

Unfortunately, "can't select dark mode theme in EzUSB Suite" fix is not in the priority but we have informed concerned team.

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Michael,

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please be assured that we are working on the latest release. FX3 SDK is undergoing validation on Linux and macOS platforms. We expect to release the SDK by Q123.

You can use the updated pre-release (test) library attached here. This is the latest version which is Undergoing Validation.

Unfortunately, "can't select dark mode theme in EzUSB Suite" fix is not in the priority but we have informed concerned team.

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hi Rashi,

I appreciate your quick response. Building with version 1.3.5 of the SDK solved my problem. I hope other people find this post before they spend hours debugging failed data transfers.

Cypress should consider creating a version of the FX3 that allows concurrent SPI and GPIF32. This is something our application requires, and as a result, I've had to write a lot of additional code to manage access to all of the peripherals so that the IO matrix can be reconfigured and bit banged SPI can be used when hardware SPI isn't available. However, hardware SPI is always preferred since the throughput with the bit bang implement is very slow.

Thanks,
Michael

0 Likes

Hello Michael,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved with the libraries shared!

We will forward your suggestion to the concerned team for evaluation

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes