Faster rate than 1us of GPIO on CyUsb3.0KIT fx3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Kizovinh
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I have an cyusb3.0kit, which use fx3 MCU, and I am trying to communicate with another IC via 16bit-bus. 

I need to make WRN (Write enable) pin high for 30ns, send the data to the BUS then make WRN low. 

But i tried to use CyU3SimpleGPIOSetValue() and it seems to be the smallest rate of GPIO pin is 1us. So how should I do now.  I tried something like that:

For(;;) {

CyU3SimpleGPIOSetValue(LED_Pin,  1);

CyU3SimpleGPIOSetValue(LED_Pin, 0);

and used an ossiloscope to measure the LED_Pin.  How can I make a 30ns delay while the CyU3SimpleGPIOSetValue() function take 1us itself to implement? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please refer to these links to understand the GPIO clock and usage of complex GPIO

Solved: Re: FX3 GPIO Clocks - Infineon Developer Community

Pulse on FX3 Complex GPIO – KBA228439 - Infineon Developer Community

You can also refer to FX3 TRM for more info on complex GPIO

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Kizovinh
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

By the way I dont wanna use GPIF II because I am new with this type of MCU and the GPIF seems quite hard for me to config.

I see that the kit run at 384Mhz for SYS_CLK,  and 96MHz for GPIO clock, so I wonder how to make the gpio faster because someone on the forum said that 1us is the maximum I can get with software

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please refer to these links to understand the GPIO clock and usage of complex GPIO

Solved: Re: FX3 GPIO Clocks - Infineon Developer Community

Pulse on FX3 Complex GPIO – KBA228439 - Infineon Developer Community

You can also refer to FX3 TRM for more info on complex GPIO

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes