FX3S/SD3/CYWB0x2xABS/CYWB016xBB support bad block monitoring ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Robin_Peng
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica(GC)
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 50 questions asked

Hi sir,

I have a basic question.

FX3S/SD3/CYWB0x2xABS/CYWB016xBB  connects a Nand Flash, can these USBs support bad block detection? Or integrated Nand Flash management system? Or support integrated file system?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

FX3S has SPI/ UART/ I2C. All of these interfaces are programmable.

But, usually as Nand flash interface is a parallel interface with a clock, write/read enable signals, busy signal etc. GPIF II interface is the best suitable one to interface with NAND Flash. Bad block management/ read-write to flash etc should be implemented in the firmware. As of now we do not have an example firmware with FX3S to provide you which uses GPIF II interface to communicate with NAND - instead we have an example to interface an SRAM.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Hemanth

Hi,

The products you mentioned does not interface NAND Flash instead they interface SD/eMMC.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes
Robin_Peng
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica(GC)
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 50 questions asked

Hi Hemanth,

CYUSB3035-BZXI has an SPI interface. Is it possible to use the SPI interface to connect to Nand Flash? In addition to SPI, there are UART \ I2S \ I2C. Are these interfaces operated by programming CYUSB3035-BZXI?

Thanks

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
Hemanth

Hi,

FX3S has SPI/ UART/ I2C. All of these interfaces are programmable.

But, usually as Nand flash interface is a parallel interface with a clock, write/read enable signals, busy signal etc. GPIF II interface is the best suitable one to interface with NAND Flash. Bad block management/ read-write to flash etc should be implemented in the firmware. As of now we do not have an example firmware with FX3S to provide you which uses GPIF II interface to communicate with NAND - instead we have an example to interface an SRAM.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth