FX3S CyUSB3 Driver Resell

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ReBa_1054056
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hello,

We want to certificate driver by resell process.
Could you please confirm below information?

publisher display name : INCAA Computers
driver version : 1.2.3.20
chip : fx3s

Thank you

1 Solution
Meghavi
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hello,

The driver resell has been performed for cyusb3 driver. It might take some time to reflect on the dashboard. Please check it in your organization's Microsoft Hardware Dashboard and let me know if there are any other queries.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
15 Replies
Meghavi

Hi,

The driver resell can not be performed for FX3S as it is intended to support standard Mass Storage driver.

Regards

0 Likes
ReBa_1054056
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hello Meghavi,

We use the FX3S as the processor for our camera like application in which it serves two USB interfaces. Interface 00 is the mass storage device, and interface 01 (see INF file) is used as a streaming interface which can be used as a viewfinder. For the second interface we currently use the CyUSB3.sys driver.

Kind regards

0 Likes
Meghavi

Hi,

Can you please confirm whether this is a working setup or not? 

Regards

0 Likes

Hello,

Yes, this is a working setup. Our customer already uses this for some time now, but needs a signed driver/INF-file for easier installation of the driver under Windows 10.

Please check the INF-file for errors. For example, should I change the value of the CatalogFile?

Kind regard,

0 Likes

Btw, the FX3S device for which we need the driver resell and signing is the CYUSB3035.

Regards,

0 Likes
Meghavi

Hi,

Can you please confirm if the following details are correct:

Publisher Display Name - INCAA Computers BV

Seller ID - 79509360

Regards

0 Likes

Hello,

The Publisher Display Name is correct.

Where can I find this Seller ID to be able to confirm this?

Regards,

0 Likes
Meghavi

Hello,

The driver resell has been performed for cyusb3 driver. It might take some time to reflect on the dashboard. Please check it in your organization's Microsoft Hardware Dashboard and let me know if there are any other queries.

Regards

0 Likes

Hello,

The driver is listed on the Microsoft Partner Center hardware page. Thank you.

I will get back when I have related questions or when everything has gone right.

0 Likes

As part of the procedures as described in the CyUSB.pdf file, ChkINF (see section Modifying CyUSB3.INF on page 13) should be used. ChkINF has been superseded by Microsoft with infverif, which I got after installation of the Visual Studio 2019 Community and the WDK.

infverif now reports several errors regarding the INF file, which are also reported for CYUSB3.INF:

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Tools\x86> .\infverif.exe /w "E:\Projects\UTS3\Driver\cyusb3.inf"
ERROR(1324) in E:\Projects\UTS3\Driver\cyusb3.inf, line 7: [Version] section should specify PnpLockdown=1.
ERROR(1323) in E:\Projects\UTS3\Driver\cyusb3.inf, line 159, target OS NTx86: Service registry key 'DevLoader' must be under the Parameters subkey.
ERROR(1323) in E:\Projects\UTS3\Driver\cyusb3.inf, line 159, target OS NTx86: Service registry key 'NTMPDriver' must be under the Parameters subkey.
ERROR(1323) in E:\Projects\UTS3\Driver\cyusb3.inf, line 159, target OS NTx86: Service registry key 'DriverBase' must be under the Parameters subkey.
ERROR(1323) in E:\Projects\UTS3\Driver\cyusb3.inf, line 159, target OS NTx86: Service registry key 'FriendlyName' must be under the Parameters subkey.
ERROR(1323) in E:\Projects\UTS3\Driver\cyusb3.inf, line 169, target OS NTamd64: Service registry key 'DevLoader' must be under the Parameters subkey.
ERROR(1323) in E:\Projects\UTS3\Driver\cyusb3.inf, line 169, target OS NTamd64: Service registry key 'NTMPDriver' must be under the Parameters subkey.
ERROR(1323) in E:\Projects\UTS3\Driver\cyusb3.inf, line 169, target OS NTamd64: Service registry key 'DriverBase' must be under the Parameters subkey.
ERROR(1323) in E:\Projects\UTS3\Driver\cyusb3.inf, line 169, target OS NTamd64: Service registry key 'FriendlyName' must be under the Parameters subkey.
ERROR(1322) in E:\Projects\UTS3\Driver\cyusb3.inf, line 191: Destination file path 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers' for file 'CYUSB3.sys' is not isolated to DIRID 13.

How should the INF-file be changed to pass through this verification?

Regards,

0 Likes
Meghavi

Hi,

Can you please let us know if you have modified INF file after the driver resell process?

Regards

0 Likes

Hi,

The attachment to the first message of this thread is the first version of our usb-uts3.inf file. After this I changed the line "CatalogFile=CYUSB3.cat" to "CatalogFile=usb-uts3.cat", so yes I changed the INF-file. Should this be changed back to "CatalogFile=CYUSB3.cat"?

Regarding the reported errors. I used the Microsoft tool infverif (replacement for ChkINF as described in the CyUSB.pdf file) to check our INF-file. This resulted in a list of errors. To check if I somehow introduced these errors I also used infverif to check the original cyusb3.inf file, which showed the same list of errors. So according to infverif the cyusb3.inf conatins errors.

This is only a problem during one of steps of the resell process. The inf2cat and the signing (signtool) is working without errors. We have not uploaded the hlkx file to Microsoft yet, since we still have some testing to do.

Regards,

0 Likes
Meghavi

Hi,

I have verified the default CyUSB3.inf file and have not received any errors. /w check the driver compatibility with Declarative Installation and Driver Package Isolation. But we are not certified for driver Package isolation. This compatibility isn't required because there is no external driver that CyUSB3 needs to interact. Also, cyusb3 can't be used with Driver store App (or) in a pure Universal platform. /v is the right approach to verify the inf file. 

Also, once you have modified the INF file and signed by Microsoft, it cannot be modified further. Trying to modify the INF will erase the signature. So, in case the INF file needs to be modified after the driver is signed, the resell process has to be repeated.

Regards

Hi,

I used the changed INF file to create a CAT file which I signed. I have tested this INF and CAT files by using them to install the driver for our device. This works without problems or errors. During installation I only was asked to trust our own driver package.

Subsequently I have gone through the whole procedure and the HLK studio signed package has been certified by Microsoft, and so I was able to download the signed files (driver package). This is a different zip-file.

I uninstalled the device and the driver and now used this newly downloaded zip-file to install the driver. Now an error is reported in the Device status of the Properties in the Windows Device Manager:

The driver for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code 48)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

What is the solution to this?

Regards,

0 Likes

Hi,

I already found the solution. The downloaded signed files zip-file contains the x86 and the x64 drivers within two directories with very cryptic directory names. Under Win10 x64 I used the wrong directory and installed the x86 driver.

Regards,

0 Likes