FX3 with USB Type-C

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
VlSh_3188636
Level 1
Level 1

Hello colleagues. in our development, the CYUSB3014 is used with the CC controller - PTN5150AHX and the switch PTN36043BX. When turned on, the switch and the chip determine that they are connected on the Super Speed, but in reality the connection switches to USB 2.0 after a timeout.  For verification current USB connection speed I use CyU3PUsbGetSpeed() immediately after the start and periodically in the background. What to do to make the connection at USB 3.0

0 Likes
1 Solution
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted
0 Likes
5 Replies
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted
0 Likes

Thanks!
Our device has a Type-C connector and should be connected to a computer with legacy USB or Type-C interface, so we installed a switch and CC controller. The circuit is similar to the one in figure 2, but with a separate CC controller. The software solution is interesting, but I did not find a link to it.

But

The first problem is that the active switch  has a built-in automatic receiver termination detection and a connection at super speed is determined between it and the FX3, but in fact the connection to USB 2.0 and there is no connection. I decided to cancel it checking the electrical compatibility. Began to work on USB 2.0.
But the connection is not established at super speed if connection to USB 3.0.

0 Likes

Hi Vladimir,

Do you mean that you are facing problems about the USB 3.0 path? If so, do you have any update?

Is it due to the defect of hardware design?

0 Likes

Hi, I have the latest version 1.3.4 of the developer kit. As I wrote in the first post in my design, an external CC controller and active switch are used. Without a controller and a switch, everything works fine. I think you will not be able to help me, because I decided to stop using the active switch, and everything will work.

0 Likes

Okay, I get that.

0 Likes