FX3 to USB3.2 Gen 2 (20Gbps) port encounter endpoint transfer failure issue.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Wellington
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hi
I have a customer facing endpoint transfer failure issue on CYUSB301 when it connect the FX3 to a pcie usb 3.2 (20Gbps).
When FX3 is connected, bootloader is detected and download the firmware "Streamer Example" can be seen. However when try to communicate with FPGA will see endpoint transfer failure Issue. Issue is not detected when connecting to USB3.1(10Gbps) port. Customer has tested two different pcie USB3.2 (20Gbps) card and the issue can be reproduceable.

1.)As my current test bench does not have usb3.2 port, i not able replicate the issue yet. May i know does CYUSB301 can support USB3.2(20Gbps)?

*FX3 Driver version download from cypress official website.
*Firmware is written by us and is working all the time with USB3.1 (5Gbps/10Gbps)

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Reply
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi,

Could you check the same issue by downloading UsbBulkSrcSink firmware on CYUSB3014 and test the streaming using the Streamer App. Please share with us the UART logs when issue is seen with USB 3.2 socket with UsbBulkSrcSink firmware.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes