FX3 on Ubuntu 18.04.05: Re-enumeration fails? (ie after loading image)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoNe_4646056
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

A DEV PC has the FX3 SDK installed on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS since Feb'20 (currently 18.04.04). ControlCenter (aka cyusb_linux), download_fx3, and my app "X2", are all running fine.

On Thursday, 18.04.05 was installed on a **new PC** along with the same FX3 SDK install process.

cybusb_linux and download_fx3 detect the FX3 and images can be downloaded from either.

However at this point, it seems  that re-enumeration fails as cybusb_linux cannot detect the loaded FX3 (?!).

The recompiled X2 app also fails at

if (get_device_cfg_desc( argv, &deviceDesc, &configDesc) < 0)

1) Is it a re-enumeration issue? All the files setup in the install.sh script are located where they need to be.

2) Is it an SDK install issue? Quite a few packages were deleted during "sudo apt-get remove libusb-1.0-0" prior to the "sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0-0-dev"...
    Running apt-get update and another package was required to get ubuntu login/desktop running......

3) The fallback is to revert to 18.04.01 (or whatever is available) given the DEV pc works; albeit reversion to Ubuntu 16 would be the next step.

Thanks

John

0 Likes
1 Solution

YashwantK_46

Please consider this issue closed!

This was my mistake, and your response pointed me in the right direction. I was downloading my own image file to RAM but completely forgot we had modified the PID. I had verified the /etc/cyusb.conf file against an older version on my desktop PC.

I updated cyusb.conf on the new Linux PC with the additional PID and all works fine.

Thanks for your prompt response on a long weekend.

Cheers

John

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello John,

Can you please let me know of the following details:
1.) Can you please let me know which firmware you are trying to program to FX3?
2.) Is the programming successful in the new PC?3.) Are you loading the firmware to RAM or EEPROM or FLASH?

4.) Please share the snapshot of lsusb command output after the programming succeeds.

5.) Also, please let me know if you have made any changes to the firmware being programmed, in the new PC?

Regards,
Yashwant

YashwantK_46

Please consider this issue closed!

This was my mistake, and your response pointed me in the right direction. I was downloading my own image file to RAM but completely forgot we had modified the PID. I had verified the /etc/cyusb.conf file against an older version on my desktop PC.

I updated cyusb.conf on the new Linux PC with the additional PID and all works fine.

Thanks for your prompt response on a long weekend.

Cheers

John

0 Likes