FX3 like Software Development Kit for SX3?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_2888896
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First solution authored

SX3 software is currently supported by EZ-USB SX3 Configuration Utility. Do you plan to release an FX3 like Software Development Kit for SX3?

As I understand the SX3 preliminary datasheet, the SX3 could solve a limitation of the FX3, where SPI interface is available with 32-bit GPIFII interface. However, I may be wrong and SPI interface is only available for firmware boot and FPGA init, like in FX3.

For example: in a high bandwidth streaming application with JESD204 ADCs or DACs over the 32-bit GPIF interface of an FX3, the FX3 is left with UART and I2C interface to control the JESD204 devices, which typically have an SPI control interface. Even if you bridge UART or I2C into SPI interface, you loose bandwidth and increase latency. You do not want to use GPIFII for data streaming and control, because that adds potential risk of loosing JESD204 data.

I thought the SX3 was a perfect candidate to solve that problem, but I fear it is intended to be a simple subset of the FX3.

If SX3 can not support SPI and 32-bit GPIFII interface at the same time, I hope you consider these type of applications with FX3G2 and FX3G2D.

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

We do not plan to release an SDK for SX3. SX3 is a part that can be configured using SX3 configuration Utility,

The SPI block of SX3 is used to interface with the SPI flash that stores the FW image, configuration data, FPGA configuration / ISP firmware and Image sensor / HDMI RX configuration data. The same is already documented in the section SPI interface of SX3 datasheet. The link to the datasheet is given below:

https://www.cypress.com/file/517606/download

If SX3 can not support SPI and 32-bit GPIFII interface at the same time, I hope you consider these type of applications with FX3G2 and FX3G2D.

>> We have already received this request and we will consider this for FX3G2.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

We do not plan to release an SDK for SX3. SX3 is a part that can be configured using SX3 configuration Utility,

The SPI block of SX3 is used to interface with the SPI flash that stores the FW image, configuration data, FPGA configuration / ISP firmware and Image sensor / HDMI RX configuration data. The same is already documented in the section SPI interface of SX3 datasheet. The link to the datasheet is given below:

https://www.cypress.com/file/517606/download

>> We have already received this request and we will consider this for FX3G2.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes