FX3 driver needs updates to pass Windows HLK Studio Win11 22H2 "Static Tools Logo Test"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Andre721
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

For Microsoft's Windows 11 22H2 release, they have released a new Hardware Lab Kit (HLK) Studio that is required to test with in order to get a driver installed in Windows 11 22H2. 

I encountered a similar problem a year ago which is outlined in this closed discussion: Solved: Need to complete Microsoft HLK Studio "Static Tool... - Infineon Developer Community

Once again, the "Static Tools Logo Test" is part of the required tests for the hardware driver. In order to pass the test in this suite it is required that the driver's code be compiled again and that all test results are updated as the checksum is examined as part of the test. I had already tried what I had before and the test failed due to the checksum being old.

When I looked to see if there was any updated development kit for the EZ-USB FX3, I only found the same kit that I found the last time (1.3.4). From the thread that I linked in this one, it appears that there is possibly an update to the source code that would actually have everything fixed in regards to what the Static Tools Logo Test found the last time.

Is there a package with updated source code (something that has the fixes to what the Static Tools Logo Test reported the last time) so that I can complete the HLK Studio tests?

(Note: I need to be able to compile the driver under a different name so that it doesn't conflict with other devices that we have on our system which happen to use the cyusb3.sys driver)

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Andre721
Level 2
Level 2

Regarding this:

"If the source is compiled, how will the checksum stay old?"

What I attempted to do for the new HLK was to use the old DVL file that was provided in the closed thread. However, the HLK complained about the checksum in the DVL file. This left me with no other option than to try compiling the driver again with the latest that the 22H2 version of HLK required (Visual Studio 2022 with the Windows SDK and WDK installed) to make the DVL file myself. Thankfully, in spite of the things that needed fixing in the 1.3.4 driver, the HLK still accepted the DVL entry. So, I am okay for now.

However, there will likely come a day where the HLK will completely enforce that there needs to be no "must-fix" items present in the driver, so it is good to hear that there is going to be an updated kit in the next quarter.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi,

Could you please explain a bit more about the part here "that all test results are updated as the checksum is examined as part of the test. I had already tried what I had before and the test failed due to the checksum being old"? If the source is compiled, how will the checksum stay old.

We have an updated development kit planned to release in the next quarter. 

I will discuss internally about the changes made to the driver in order for it to pass the Static Tools Logo test.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes
Andre721
Level 2
Level 2

Regarding this:

"If the source is compiled, how will the checksum stay old?"

What I attempted to do for the new HLK was to use the old DVL file that was provided in the closed thread. However, the HLK complained about the checksum in the DVL file. This left me with no other option than to try compiling the driver again with the latest that the 22H2 version of HLK required (Visual Studio 2022 with the Windows SDK and WDK installed) to make the DVL file myself. Thankfully, in spite of the things that needed fixing in the 1.3.4 driver, the HLK still accepted the DVL entry. So, I am okay for now.

However, there will likely come a day where the HLK will completely enforce that there needs to be no "must-fix" items present in the driver, so it is good to hear that there is going to be an updated kit in the next quarter.

0 Likes