FX3 device doesn't detect by device manager

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Pplt
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

our cameras based are based on the FX3 microcontroller.

Some cameras, after they are running for several hours, are not detected by windows on some USB ports (the device manager detects nothing)

- On the same computer, the same camera is detected on some USB ports, and not on other. when I connect the camera, 
Another camera (same HW, same FW) is detected on this USB port.

I try to force Full speed mode, in this case the device manager detects the camera, but in Super Speed, the device manage doesn't detect it.

If I use a USB3 Hub or an USB analyser between the camera and the PC, the camera is detected again. 

Do you know what happen and how to solve the issue/

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

From the description, I understand that the device always enumerates as USB 2.0 device but has problems when plugged in as USB 3.0 device. Is my understanding correct?

If yes, please refer to Q3 of this KBA  Trouble Shooting Guide for the FX3/FX3S/CX3 Enumer... - Infineon Developer Community  

If I use a USB3 Hub or an USB analyser between the camera and the PC, the camera is detected again

>> Please let me know if the device enumerates always in this scenario

Some cameras, after they are running for several hours, are not detected by windows on some USB ports (the device manager detects nothing)

>> Does this happen while the video is streaming or it happens on plugging the device again on the same port.

On the same computer, the same camera is detected on some USB ports, and not on other. when I connect the camera

>> Is the issue seen with multiple PCs?

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

For a custom board, please check the FX3 Hardware Design Guidelines. It has a schematic and layout review checklist on Page 34.

Please fill Y/N against each item and attach it here for faster resolution. Please also attach your schematics if not confidential.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

From the description, I understand that the device always enumerates as USB 2.0 device but has problems when plugged in as USB 3.0 device. Is my understanding correct?

If yes, please refer to Q3 of this KBA  Trouble Shooting Guide for the FX3/FX3S/CX3 Enumer... - Infineon Developer Community  

If I use a USB3 Hub or an USB analyser between the camera and the PC, the camera is detected again

>> Please let me know if the device enumerates always in this scenario

>> Does this happen while the video is streaming or it happens on plugging the device again on the same port.

On the same computer, the same camera is detected on some USB ports, and not on other. when I connect the camera

>> Is the issue seen with multiple PCs?

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes