FX3 debugging using jLink hangs at breakpoint

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jowac_1171871
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins First like given 10 replies posted

I have been using jLink debugger to debug my fx3 system for years without much problems, but recently I got a new laptop that give me some debug issues.

Sometimes when I have halted the CPU on a breakpoint, the connection with the CPU is kind of lost, i.e. I can't step or continue the execution. I suspect that it happens when looking at variable contents, especially large arrays.

Both computers are running Windows 10 with latest updates. I use the same version of Cypress EZ USB Suite and the Debug settings seem to be the same.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

0 Likes
1 Reply
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi,

Is the issue occurring with different JTAG adapters? If it is a CYUSBKIT-003, could you try using the USB Serial as the JTAG probe?

Could you share the firmware with us for us to reproduce the issue and let us know where exactly did the debugging get stuck?

Is the debugging getting stuck at the same point always, or at different points.

You could also have a look at this KBA : https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Segger-J-Link-Known-Issues-with-FX3-CX3-FX....

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes