FX3 VHDL/Verilog Simulation model

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Panneerraja
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi All, 

I am using a custom board where Fx3 USB controller is connected to Xilinx FPGA.
I am trying to create an board level Vhdl/Verilog test bench where Fpga is instantiated as DUT component and
FX3 as a test peripheral component.

Is there any VHDL/Verilog simulation model available for Fx3 USB Controller?

Thanks in advance,

Panneer Raja Vajravelu.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Biren_R
First question asked First like given 250 sign-ins

Hello Panneer,

Can please provide what you wanted to test specifically using the Device Under Test?
we don't have any VHDL/Verilog simulation model to test FX3, but I like to share with you one thing if you just wanted to simulate GPIF slave FIFO only then you can use AN65974 FW and FPGA code.

Best Regards,

Biren

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Biren_R

Hello Panneer,

Can please provide what you wanted to test specifically using the Device Under Test?
we don't have any VHDL/Verilog simulation model to test FX3, but I like to share with you one thing if you just wanted to simulate GPIF slave FIFO only then you can use AN65974 FW and FPGA code.

Best Regards,

Biren

0 Likes
Hello Biren,

Thanks for the reply. Below diagram describes briefly how my board-level Testbench looks like,

[cid:image002.png@01D86C54.41685980]

Our fpga design(DUT) transfers ADC data at high-speed via FX3 to the PC.

Test stimuli is as follows,

1. Read/Write FPGA registers.
2. Stream in and out.

FX3 Simulation model is missing in my test bench. From your answer, Infineon does not have such a VHDL/Verilog simulation model.

>From what I could see, AN65974<> shows few Fx3Firmware.img executable file that is used in the Board testing. But it does not include any Fx3 VHDL/Verilog simulation model, is it not?

Regards

Panneer-Raja.
0 Likes
Biren_R

Hello Panneer,

Can you please send an again image I can't see any attachment? 

AN65974 is include FX3 code and supported FPGA code not include any simulation model.

Best Regards,

Biren

0 Likes