FX3 UVC based firmware pin define

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Sylvia
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted First like received 10 sign-ins

Hi, 

I use CYUSB3014. I am studying how to write firmware corresponding to UVC.

I want to ask that should I use the pin number (LV, FV) just like UVC_AN75779 example project? I found this discuss, AN75779 modification - FX3 with specific image sensor  . I think maybe I can change it depending on my hardware. But when I set GPIO28 as dma ready flag, it is not work. The flag always be high. But other GPIO pin works fine(ex: GPIO23). I am wondering is it the restrict about UVC based firmware? Because when I set  GPIO28 as dma ready flag in not UVC based firmware, it works fine. I don't know why?

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Biren_R
First question asked First like given 250 sign-ins

Hello Sylvia,

from GPIO[17]~GPIO[29] (CTL[0]~CTL[12]) any pin can be used as DMA ready, and it is the same pines is also shown in GPIF II Designer for selection.

And for DMA-related topics, I suggest please read this Application note. AN65974
 and AN75779 

Best Regards,
Biren

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Biren_R

Hello,

Yes, we can change LV and FV from the GPIF tool, Default UVC project is not used DMA ready, can you please share your GPIF state machine if you are not using the default project?

what is the purpose of using DMA Ready?

Best Regards,
Biren

0 Likes
Sylvia
Level 2
Level 2

Hello Biren,

Thank you for your reply.

I am not using the default UVC project. I want to receive video, audio and other data from FPGA. FPGA will check if DMA Ready before it send each data to FX3. The sw1 and sw2 signal in the state machine is to distinguish the type of data. The dma buffer of video is set as CY_U3P_DMA_TYPE_AUTO.

PinDefine.PNGStateMachine.PNG

Best Regards,
Sylvia

0 Likes
Biren_R

Hello Sylvia,

Thanks for sharing this info,  DMA ready pin should go low when DMA is full, to understand your configuration is it possible to attach this project here.

Best Regards,
Biren

0 Likes
Sylvia
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Biren,

Thank you! I am still keep debugging. I think I am not understand enough about DMA buffer.

There is  GPIO pin introduce table in the official document. But I am not sure what kind of pin can be a DMA ready pin? For example,  GPIO[17]~GPIO[29] (CTL[0]~CTL[12]), are all these pins can be used?

Excuse me, I got one more question when debugging. When I use a UVC application(ex: VLC, VirtualDub), when will it read the DMA buffer from U-Port? Just the time the DMA buffer write to full?

Best Regards,
Sylvia

0 Likes
Biren_R

Hello Sylvia,

from GPIO[17]~GPIO[29] (CTL[0]~CTL[12]) any pin can be used as DMA ready, and it is the same pines is also shown in GPIF II Designer for selection.

And for DMA-related topics, I suggest please read this Application note. AN65974
 and AN75779 

Best Regards,
Biren

0 Likes
Sylvia
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you for your reply!

Best Regards,
Sylvia

0 Likes