FX3 USB Video Class Example doesn't work with USB 3.0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nluong
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I noticed the FX3 USB Video Class Example does not work when plugged into a USB 3.0 port, but does on a USB 2.0 port. I use VLC Media Player to open the FX3 as a video capture device. On a 2.0 port, I see the image flipping between the two frames in the program. On a 3.0 port, the first frame comes up and then it seems the video stream stops. Using wireshark, I see the streaming stops after only a few transfers.

Any idea what the issue is? This example is currently unmodified. I would like to use this program for use with another USB 3.0 video streaming application. A fix to this issue would be great.

Thanks,

Nicholas

0 Likes
3 Replies
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi Nicholas,

Please share the wireshark traces as well as the UART debug prints with us.
Is superspeed explorer kit being used?

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi AliAsgar,

See the wireshark traces attached. There are no UART debug prints, so I have not attached a file for this.

Yes, this is using the CYUSB3KIT-003 EZ-USB® FX3™ SuperSpeed Explorer Kit.

Thanks,

Nicholas

0 Likes
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi Nicholas,

You could add debug logs in your present firmware, referring to the USBBulkSrcSink firmware and share with us the debug logs. UART output can be taken from the USB Serial port. If you are not able to see any debugPrints on the tera term, please check the following KBA:
https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/FX3-CyU3PDebugPrint-Not-Printing-UART-Debu....

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes