FX3 U3V device fails to build genapi node map of the device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
allen_2556
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Dear All, 

I am implementing  FX3 U3V device with the  demo provided in this link. (https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-superspeed-peripherals/FX3-application-note-for-USB3-Vision/t...

And I refer the following discussions and make some modification to the demo as well as the xml file to make it enumerated but the eBUS palyer then shows XML_ERROR while the xml file contained in the device has been read by the host app. I change the xml files and adjust the size of the xml file, but the error remains.  Is there any  step i missed? Any help would be appreciated! 

Thank you!

(https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-superspeed-peripherals/Need-GenICam-based-application-for-USB...

https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-superspeed-peripherals/Use-FX3-design-USB3-Vision-camera-how-t...

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please confirm if the steps mentioned in this thread Solved: Use FX3 design USB3 Vision camera, how to properly... - Infineon Developer Community  are followed.

If yes, please confirm after changing the XML appropriate changes are done in the firmware as well because based on XML file read the requests from the eBus Player will be sent to device

For example: registers address, ports/ features,  XML size, SHA etc.

If possible, please provide the USB traces and the firmware for us to check the reason for failure.

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please confirm if the steps mentioned in this thread Solved: Use FX3 design USB3 Vision camera, how to properly... - Infineon Developer Community  are followed.

If yes, please confirm after changing the XML appropriate changes are done in the firmware as well because based on XML file read the requests from the eBus Player will be sent to device

For example: registers address, ports/ features,  XML size, SHA etc.

If possible, please provide the USB traces and the firmware for us to check the reason for failure.

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
lock attach

hi, Rashi,

Thank you for your help. This issue is done after I change some items of the XML file and the FX3 device  can be connected to ebus now. But when I provide the streaming data to FX3 GPIF,  the host(ebus player) does not initiat the getting buffer process causing all the data are stucked in the FX3 buffers(prod_cnt is 10 while cons_cnt is 0). I am sure that the GPIF fsm and data source work well both.  I inspect all the relating details. Some configurations of  SIChannel are pretty strange, such as the TransferSize which is suppoed to be the settings of SIRM of device when streaming enabled, but the host does not try to read these values. I have no idea why the value is 3424256  and the Transfercount is 0 which will terminate the payload reception of the host according to he U3V spec. The rest of the communication seems normal.

Could you please provide some hints ? Thank you very much!

0 Likes

Hello,

Please share the UART debug prints and complete the USB trace when the issue is seen. This will help us to debug the issue

We would need to check which USB request is failing or not being handled

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
lock attach

Hi,

Rashi, Please check the attached files for the uart and usb logs as well as the test project file. Some explaination are also shown in the doc file. (the log files are contained in both the doc and zip files)

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Allen

0 Likes

Hello,

From the firmware and logs, it looks like the XML file and the firmware U#V registers are not linked well.

Please note CyU3VManifest should have the XML size and SHA. Also, please make sure that the U3V registers ABRM,SBRM,SIRM, Manifest, XML are linked properly by reviewing each field of these registers.

Also, validate the XML using "Validate GeniCam XML" plugin before using it

From the USB trace, I can see that XML file is not completely read by Host. The XML size is around ~ 22KB but only ~3KB of data is read by host.

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hi,

Rashi,  I set the size of manifest of xml file as 0xecah =  3786d which is same as actual size of the xml_hex.c(there are 3786d bytes, not 22K).  The xml is completely read out by the host as shown in the USB log and its content is identical with the xml source file(camfile.xml).  When it comes to SHA1-HASH, it's 0(20 bytes)  in the case the hash is not available here. The syntax of this xml is correct or the app will not connect with device. This xml file only contains the mandatory items for camera device as per the U3V spec. They are Width/Height/PixelFormat/ PayloadSize/ AcquisitionMode/ AcquisitionStart/ AcquisitionStop. Is this enough to interact with the host? Do you have any successful demo xml file to test?

I check almost every field of the ABRM/SBRM/SIRM/MANIFEST/XML according to the GenCP/GenICam/U3V spec and I understand their meanings. Is there any important details I miss? I think the problem could be the DSI endpoint configuration.

Thank you for your patient help!

Regards,
allen

0 Likes

Hi Allen,

Thank you for the details.

Please let me know if the XML is validated using Validate GeniCam XML

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes