[FX3 SPI Control Interface]

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AKS
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins 10 questions asked 50 replies posted

Hello all,

I need to start a slave device which has SPI control lines interfacing with FX3 (CYUSB3KIT-003) with separate data lines (D0...D8) something. I am using SDK1.3. Is there any example which refers to the SPI control only operation with FX3? 

Which mode is better to go with FW control or GPIO?

Please suggest~

Thanks

Best Regards,

/Ash 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Biren_R
First question asked First like given 250 sign-ins

Hello Ash,

You can follow C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\GettingStartedWithFX3SDK.pdf document section 4.2.8.3 (Page 35).

I suggest you start with basic UsbSpiRegMode to test your sense interface and then you can go for UsbSpiDmaMode.

Regards,
Biren

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Biren_R

Hello Ash,

Can you please explain the question in more detail?

Regards,
Biren

0 Likes
AKS
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins 10 questions asked 50 replies posted

@Biren_R Hello Biren,

I need to interface a sensor/device which has SPI controls on it. I want to interface this with FX3. From where should I start (any SDK example), which I can update/modify accordingly to get it working....

I checked and found that in SDK there are 3 SPI examples based on modes (gpio, dma, reg), but I didn't understand with which I need to start, so I am looking for suggestions and guidance.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Biren_R

Hello Ash,

You can follow C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\GettingStartedWithFX3SDK.pdf document section 4.2.8.3 (Page 35).

I suggest you start with basic UsbSpiRegMode to test your sense interface and then you can go for UsbSpiDmaMode.

Regards,
Biren

0 Likes